Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a deskjet 460 printer with bluetooth card and i am tring to get it paired up with my android motorola xyboard tablet. I have gotten it to pair but it says on the tablet "paird but not connected" I think i need to enter the passcode in the printer but not sure how. anyone have any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi labmjr; hope you are doing well, 

For entering the pass-code it shoud come after the pairing process i do not have your model but the printer that I have in here it was only during the pairing process that a passcode was offer  in the phone I used to test, 
if you still need assistance , let me know the version of the Andriod you are using and the model and make of the card that you are using. 

I will do my best to help you.

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

thanks for responding. The android verision is 3.2.2 and the card is a hp bluetooth printer card, model number is CS8051 / CB004A. it did ask for the passcode on my tablet while pairing and the table had a screen that said use 1234 or 0000 and that i may need to put this number in the printer as well. which is were my problem started. I was just wondering if maybe this is the wrong pass code for the printer?

HP Recommended

hi there again,

Well the pair code  is develop in the in handshake (pairing) process of pairing and should not be wrong I do have your printer model to test but it should that simple just enter the pass code and accept the connection in the printer. unless your printer ask you to enter the pass code as well in that case do so.

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

yea did that but my tablet says paired but not connected. i have tried turning everything off and back on and i tried printing to see if maybe it would work but it says no printer found. even tried adding a printer but it doesn't know i have one. not sure how to get it to connect

HP Recommended

I see let me do some research on this,   in the meantime,  do you want to use it thru you network you can use HP home and biz app it will let you print from the tablet as long there are in the same network,  

If you want to learn more about it go to this;

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/smart-phones-handhelds-calculators/mobile-apps/app_details.html?ap... 

Hope this helps!

RobertoR

HP Recommended

Hi there, I'm experiencing exactly the same issue. I have the HP Deskjet 460 with a bluetooth card successfully paired to a Samsung Android Tablet but the device says that there are no printers available. I have tried the ePrint software however this only seems to work if you have a wireless card for network which I unfortunately don't have and also states No printers found. Please could you advise how we connect these up. (we have 20 printers and 20 androids ready to roll and just need to get the devices printing). Thanks again

Chris

HP Recommended

We have a similar problem - we have the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro and are pairing it to the HP Deskjet 460 wbt.  We can get it to print using the PrinterShare app but it is reeaaalllly slow.  Did you find something that works well?

HP Recommended

Hello MNSelect,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

In my experience, BlueTooth printing is not to be confused with fast. I would suggest that you connect the Deskjet 460wbt to a wireless network and use the HP ePrint App on the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro. Unfortunately, BlueTooth is not supported within the ePrint App.

Here is a link explaining how to set the printer up on a network: Setting Up Wireless Printers with the HP Wireless Profile Configuration Utility.

I hope this suggestion helps you out.

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

How do I get the passcode or P/N?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.