Message 1 of 12 (8,114 Views)

how network name (SSID) found

How do I change my configuration network name

Honor Student
SaltersPt
Message 2 of 12 (8,090 Views)

Re: how network name (SSID) found

WIRELESS NETWORK TEST RESULT

HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router.

Wireless On

Wireless Working

Signal Quality Not Run

Network Name (SSID) Found        FAIL  (Not Set)

Professor
RobertoR
Message 3 of 12 (8,090 Views)

Hi kiara, I hope you are doing well and thanks for using the HP Forum;

If you share what router you are using and the browser of your preference I can provide you with more detail, assistance.

What router do you use? most router you will have to go to the EWS (Embleded Web Server) in most cases you will be able to access the embleded web server by typing your router/gateaway IP address by example 192.168.0.1 (This is an example not the actual IP Address of your Router/Gateway) in to a browser such as FireFox, Internet explorer  Apple's Airport. To find out your router/gateway If you are using Win XP or Later you can hit Ctrl+R and the searchbox that opens type, CMD and in the commad prompt that open type IPconfig this will give you Gateway/Router IPaddress type that on a browser and you should access your router there you can change your SSID ServiceSet ID.

I hope this answer your question if you feel you need further assistance I wil do my best to help you. Just post back.

Best of luck;

RobertoR

And Remember . . .

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 12 (8,089 Views)

@SaltersPt welcome to the HP forums and I hope you are doing well;

What router are you using? Let me know and I will try to help you also provide the operating system you are using, Complete printer model, in other words all relevant information you feel is important.  Post this and I will do my best to help

Regards;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
SaltersPt
Message 5 of 12 (8,086 Views)

My router is a Verizon ADSL2 + Modem Router

Westell Model A90-750015-07

WEP FFD9C845C3

MAC 002970BB078

WO 5200042422

Model 7500

Wireless

Honor Student
SaltersPt
Message 6 of 12 (8,081 Views)

Remove the wmd777ghv from my login name.  It should be SaltersPt.

Professor
RobertoR
Message 7 of 12 (8,075 Views)

[ Edited ]

slaterPt thanks for comming back with the information requested.

As I understand you want to change the SSID (Service Set IDentfier) of your network, I did not made my self clear and I am sorry for that. Can you clarify that this is what you want to accomplish?

Well in case that is what you want to accomplish them ,

Go to you  The EWS of your router by typing your router/gateway IP Address on the browser (e.g. Firefox, internet explorer, Chrome) of your preference;

-Sign in with your credentials if there you have not change the this is Admin. and the password is set at installation -If you do not know this information, contact ISP (Interner Service Provider) 

- Click the Wireless Settings icon at the top of the screen.

- Click Basic Security Settings in the left navigation panel.

- In Option 2 of the Basic Security Settings and enter a new SSID in the SSID field.

Remember: If you change This settings here the SSID of your network, you must update each and ALL wireless Devices to recognize the new SSID.

Hope this answer your question and if I Can be at your service in any way, shape or form, let me know.  I will do my best to assist you.

Best of luck;

RobertoR.

And remember . . . 

Student
OTTY
Message 8 of 12 (6,189 Views)

ssid?

recently replaced router.now my all-in-one wireless printer has stopped working.run network   test.

"network name (ssid) found FAIL   how do i enter correct

Honor Student
ssturm
Message 9 of 12 (5,530 Views)

I have an HP Officejet 4500 Wireless and have lost online capability.  The Wireless Network Test Report says the wireless is on and working but the network name (SSID) is not found.  I have downloaded the CD and hooked it up with the cable and the instructions freeze toward the end.  What should I do?

Sharon Sturm

Student
yuyen42
Message 10 of 12 (3,870 Views)

SaltersPt wrote:

WIRELESS NETWORK TEST RESULT

HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router.

Wireless On

Wireless Working

Signal Quality Not Run

Network Name (SSID) Found        FAIL  (Not Set)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation