Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ive installed my new printer and setup wireless connection is is working. i then setup and ePrint account but it still says 'ePrint is off for this printer' on the ePrint Center screen...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi seaniek, you need to enable Web Services from the printer front panel display to activate the ePrint service. I don't know what printer model you have so here are the general instructions for how to do that for the three main classes of HP ePrint printers:

• Photosmart: Depending on the printer model, use the Enable Web Services option available under the Setup>Wireless>Web Services, or Setup>Web menus on the printer, or via the ePrint icon on the printer front panel home screen.
  • Officejet: Select the Setup>Web Services Setup option to enable Web Services. Ensure that both ePrint and Apps are turned 'ON' in Web Services setup.
  • LaserJet: Print a configuration page from your printer to locate the IP address. Open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line. The HP-embedded Web Server will open. Click the HP Web Services tab. Select the option to enable Web Services. When Web Services are enabled, ePrint information appears in the HP Embedded Web Server. Look for the e-mail address that is automatically assigned to the product. The product also prints an HP Web Services page that contains this e-mail address and instructions for using the service.

You'll find other useful information on the ePrint service here https://h30495.www3.hp.com/help#eprint and videos taking you through setting up and using the ePrint service here  http://www.youtube.com/user/HPPrinterSupport/videos?query=ePrint. Feel free to post back if you're still having trouble getting up and running with ePrint.

Good luck. 

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

Hi Arkle1,

thank you for your answer. i have an officejet pro 8100. Im not too sure where you mean by setup>web services??

Officejet: Select the Setup>Web Services Setup option to enable Web Services. Ensure that both ePrint and Apps are turned 'ON' in Web Services setup.

HP Recommended

Hi seaniek, on the printers front panel display you should see a screen like the one below. You may have to scroll using the side arrows to display it from the home screen. Once you press the Setup icon scroll down and select Web Services Setup from the menu on the next screen. From here follow the instructions displayed to activate web services and turn ePrint on for your printer. Your printer wil need to be connected to the internet when you attempt to complete this step. It can be connected wirelessly or wired via an ethernet cable direct to your router.

Hope this helps answer your question. 

OJ front panel display setup.JPG

I am an HP employee.
If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.
HP Recommended

i dont have that screen on my model of printer... officejet pro 8100

HP Recommended

Turn ePrint on by pressing the third button down and follow any on screen prompts. Provided the printer has connection to the internet you should get an ePrint registration page printed out with a code for the printer that you can then use to add the printer to your ePrintCenter account.

Hope that helps answer your question. Best of luck.

OJ 8100 front panel display setup.JPG

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.