Question

Student
111gringo111
Message 1 of 3 (3,303 Views)

hp deskjet 2540 password

just bought a cheep printer so i can print from my phone.and its a hp deskjet 2540 but every time i try to connect to it its asking for a password . i do not own a computer so i cannot install from cd .can anyone help me ?

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 3 (3,259 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 2540 password

Hi 111gringo111,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand when connecting to the printer from the Iphone it requires a password. I will be happy to help you.

When you connect to the printer using wireless direct it automatically is given a password. If you print a information page it will provide the password.

To print the information page, press and hold the Wireless Direct button for more than 3 seconds.

You can access the embedded web server for the printer by typing the IP address off the information page in the address bar of Internet Explorer's browser. You should have a option there to turn off the password for wireless direct. It should be listed under the networking tab, then on the left side of the screen.

I believe that this will provide a resolution to your issue. Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Student
BUTTERZCJ411
Message 3 of 3 (2,501 Views)

Re: hp deskjet 2540 password

how do i reset my printer to factory defults, the embedded web server is asking for a pasword i forgot and i cant change my network setting or anything, i need this done asap the printer is usless to me without access to the settings 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation