Re: hp desktop1000 will not print from samsung google chrome book (110 Views)
Student
margaretgignac
Message 1 of 2 (122 Views)

hp desktop1000 will not print from samsung google chrome book

I just purchased a Samsung Google Chrome book and cannot get it to print to my HP1000 printer. Any ideas?  I cannot connect it directly to my laptop. It must be done wirelessly. HELP

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 2 (110 Views)

Re: hp desktop1000 will not print from samsung google chrome book

Hi there, in order to print from your Chromebook to your printer you will need to register it on the Google Cloud Print service. This is because Chromebooks are not designed to have software installed on them (in the way you would install a software driver for a printer on a Windows or Mac machine). Instead they are designed to run applications from the Cloud. The model of printer you have is considered a "Classic" printer by the Google CLoud Print service as it does not have its own internet connection. Here's a link from Google on how to connect your classic printer with Google Cloud Print

Hope this information helps but post back if you're having trouble.

Best

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation