Question

Student
richard9723661
Message 1 of 23 (2,166 Views)

hp envy 110 will not wake up from sleep mode

I had this printer for a week now it goes yo sleep will not go on even when i send email to it only way it will wake up is that i turn it on my self hp says its network problem and to do a stayic ip address but still the same
Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 2 of 23 (2,074 Views)

Re: hp envy 110 will not wake up from sleep mode

[ Edited ]

Hi, Could you check if the Auto-Off feature is off?,  let me explain you what this new ENERGY STAR®

requirement does that it may be shutting down your unit and not waking up when sending a print job:

Auto Power-Off

Auto Power-Off is automatically enabled by default when you turn on the printer. When Auto Power-Off is

enabled, the printer will automatically turn off after two hours of inactivity to help reduce energy use. Auto Power-

Off is automatically disabled when the printer establishes a wireless connection with a network router or when

you enable alarms or calendar reminders. You can change the Auto Power-Off setting from the control panel.

Once you change the setting , the printer will maintain the setting that you choose. Auto Power-Off turns the

printer off completely, so you must use the power button to turn the printer back on.

To enable or disable Auto Power-Off

1. From the Home screen, touch Setup.

2. Touch Preferences.

3. Scroll through the options, and then touch Set Auto-off.

4. Touch On or Off.

5. Touch Yes to confirm your selection or No to keep your current setting.

TIP: If you are printing through a wireless connection over a network, Auto Power-Off should be disabled to

ensure that print jobs do not get lost. Even when Auto Power-Off is disabled, the user-adjustable Energy

Saver Mode helps reduce energy use.

I am an HP employee, Printer/All-in-One Expert.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
Top Student
1nick234
Message 3 of 23 (1,989 Views)

My old HP Printer would auto switch on and print when a print job was sent to it.... I have updated to an envy 110 but am unable to replicate this function. Is it possible to enable this function?

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 4 of 23 (1,987 Views)

Hello 1nick234,  I did not quite understand your question or comment, could you elaborate a little bit more on what you want to do with you unit?

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
Top Student
1nick234
Message 5 of 23 (1,985 Views)

Hi, yeah sorry... with my old printer it would turn itself on and print when a print job was sent to it. With my new printer it doesn't! ...is there any way of enabling this so my new printer will turn on automatically when I hit the print button on my laptop?

Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 6 of 23 (1,979 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi 1nick234,

Your printer HP ENVY 110 e-All-in-One Printer - D411a already has that feature, it must wake up when a print job is sent to it if the printer is in the sleep mode, not turn-off, and  properly setup. 

Are you asking for the unit to turn-on when it is completed off instead of  being in the power-safe mode when a print job is sent? if this is the case, the answer is no,  The unit must be ON to wake up from the sleep-mode when a print job is received.

Let me know if this is not the case in your unit,  Check also for the auto-off feature mentioned in this post.

Top Student
1nick234
Message 7 of 23 (1,977 Views)

Ok, so it is ok to leave it on all of the time? I have been turning it off every night and having to turn it back on again in the morning before printing anything
Grad Student
Blanco474
Message 8 of 23 (1,975 Views)

Hi, you can leave the printer on all the time, here there is more information about this printer:

the HP ENVY 110 e-All-in-One Printer - D411a  is designed to reduce power consumption and save natural resources without compromising product performance. It has been designed to reduce total energy consumption both during operation and when the device is not active. This product qualifies for ENERGY STAR®, which is a voluntary program established to encourage the development of energy-efficient office products.

Figure 2: Energy Star logo
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. registered service mark of the U.S. EPA. As an ENERGY STAR partner, HP has determined that this product meets ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
Top Student
1nick234
Message 9 of 23 (1,973 Views)

many thanks
Honor Student
rgregus
Message 10 of 23 (1,917 Views)

I am incredibly frustrated with the HP Envy110 printer.  I bought it today and have been messing around with it for 3 hrs !!!! trying to get it to work properly.  The printer works fine...out of the box.  It is the SERVICES (eFax, ePrint) that are have required 3hrs of messing around  (a polite way of saying my experience with them is absolute crap)

so far I have 

- a working connection to internet

- have activated the ePrint capability (invested 1.5hr to do just that.  I don't even want that capability but it seems I had to do that to get eFax working).

- I am able to scan from my computer

Now am STILL trying to set up eFax.

However the screen on the printer has gone to sleep (5min power save function).  

AND NO MATTER WHAT I DO I CANNOT ACTIVATE THE SCREEN !!

In settings "Set Auto Off" is set to OFF

"Energy Save Mode" is set to 5min.

So the screen falls asleep after 5min.

THEN IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO WAKE UP.

THis is what I try to do to wake up the screen

- pressing the power button.

- pressing and holding the power button

- pressing the blue wifi indicator

- pressing and holding the blue wifi indicator

- tapping the dark screen

- scanning  something to my computer (scan works...but still screen does not activate)

...and still the display screen is off.

How the hell do I wake up the screen ?

(the only solution I found was to reach back and physically pull out the electricity plug, then plug it in again.).  

Please help.

(ps.  this printer is the worst product experience I have ever had. 3hrs and counting to set up the SERVICES on a printer is retarded).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation