Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have a wireless hp officejet 6500a+ printer and use it with my hp laptop.  how can i use this printer with my asus android 4.1.1 tablet?  I don't have any disks for the printer and I can't find setup/drivers for my printer in hp website that use android system.  Also don't know much about networking - do I need to 'network' my tablet?  

cheers, Denise

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi denisegarry,

I'll post a few steps below for you to try yourself, I hope they help out. If that doesn't work, or you need a bit more assistance, you can call HP's Cloud team(855-785-2777), and they'll be able to help further.

1. The printer needs to have an IP address from being connected to a home network  - either wireless from the printer panel or Ethernet cable to the router will be fine.

I'm Pasting wireless steps from an HP install document - for ethernet, you automatically get an IP by plugging in a cable to the router. For wifi, you need to connect the printer as shown below:

Connect to the wireless network

Follow these steps to connect the product to your wireless WLAN 802.11 network.
  1. On the product control panel, touch the Right Arrow ( ), and then touch Network .
  2. Touch Wireless , touch Wireless Setup Wizard , and then touch OK .
  3. Touch the name of your network.
    If the list does not contain your network name, follow these steps to enter it manually:
    Touch Enter New Network Name (SSID) .
    On the on-screen keyboard, touch the appropriate letters and numbers to enter the network name (SSID).

NOTE:Make sure that you enter the uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters exactly. Otherwise, the wireless connection fails.
    When you finish entering the new network name, touch Done , and then touch OK .

2.  Once the printer is connected, you can start using either the free HP e-print email to receive print jobs and send it to the printer, or the built-in Android service.(also free)

3.  If all of this still seems like a bit much, please consider calling HP Cloud support, they helped me once, and where very polite and quick about it Smiley Happy  855-785-2777 8am - 11pm EST Mon. - Fri. 10am - 6:30pm EST Sat. U.S.: English

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
HP Recommended

I have an Lg G pad 8.3. How do I set up my Hp Officejet 6500A E710n-z printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.