Question

Student
normnan
Message 1 of 3 (106 Views)

hpenvy4500e the claim code is [edited] cannot get it to work wireless

[ Edited ]

having problem printing wireless we went on the web page and got the following code [edited by Moderator]

george-p
Message 2 of 3 (81 Views)

Re: hpenvy4500e the claim code is [edited] cannot get it to work wireless

Hi @normnan ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as the Claim code in the title and body of your post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 3 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: hpenvy4500e the claim code is [edited] cannot get it to work wireless

Hi normnan,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are trying to setup the ePrint feature of your Envy 4500 printer. I asked the Moderator to remove your printer’s claim code for privacy protection.

Since you have been able to get the printer’s web services information sheet, that tells me the printer already has a wireless connection and is able to communicate with the HP servers.

If you meant that you are unable to print from your computer to the printer wirelessly, have you already installed the full feature software and drivers? If not please follow the steps for your operating system in the Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection document. If you have already installed the full feature driver with a USB cable, there are steps in the same document on how to switch from the USB cable connection to a wireless connection.

If you have already done the installation and are still unable to print wirelessly please follow the steps for your operating system in the Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue document. If have are using a Windows based operating system please Try the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows. You can always download the HP PSDr from hp.com/go/tools.

If you were trying to use the claim code on HP ePrintCenter or HP Connected and it isn’t working please use the Getting the Printer Claim Code document. It has a section titled “What if my printer claim code doesn’t work?”.

If I haven’t understood please post back and let me know. In that post can you please provide the following information:

1. Please confirm whether the printer is connected by a USB cable or connected wirelessly?
  2. Are you able to make a copy?
  3. If you used the Print and Scan Doctor mentioned above, at what step did it give you an error message? What did the error message say?
  4. Is the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet?
  5. What operating system are you using on your computer?
  6. If you are trying to print from a mobile device, is it an Android or an Apple device?
  7. Is it only one program that you are unable to print from?

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation