Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just bought a p1102w so I can print from my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. I was able to get the printer up and running with my WiFi network. I can print wirelessly from my iMac just fine. Yet none of my iOS 5 devices see any printer whatsoever. I even downloaded the HP Home & Biz ePrint iOS app and it can't find my printer. 

When I initially installed this printer via USB connected to my iMac, the HP installer CD downloaded a firmware updater, but it couldn't find any printer to update. I was still able to configure my 1102w to get on my WPA2 WiFi network via the printer setup HTML page launcher. But I didn't see anything regarding Airprint.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
52 REPLIES 52
HP Recommended

I'm afraid I do not see a listing for your particular printer.

Edit: whoops, there it is now, listed on the AirPrint supported printers page --> http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4356

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an HP employee.

Feel free to provide Kudos if I have helped you!
HP Recommended

I have set up network and am printing fine from my Mac. p1102w is listed as compatible with airprint but it doesn't show up as a printer on my ipad

HP Recommended

Where have you seen it listed?

Here is the current list, that I could find from Apple:

HP Deskjet 3050A J611
HP Deskjet 3070A
HP Envy 100 e-All-In-One D410
HP Envy 110 e-All-In-One D411a
HP LaserJet P1102w Printer
HP LaserJet P1606dn Printer
HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw
HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fn Color MFP
HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color MFP
HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer
HP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer
HP LaserJet Pro M1212nf MFP
HP LaserJet Pro M1213nf MFP
HP LaserJet Pro M1214nf MFP
HP LaserJet Pro M1216nf MFP
HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP
HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP
HP Officejet 6500A e-All-In-One E710a
HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-In-One E710n
HP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-In-One E910a
HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-In-One A910a
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-All-In-One A910g
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-All-In-One A910g
HP Officejet Pro 8600A e-All-in-One Printer N911a
HP Officejet Pro 8600A Plus e-All-in-One N911g
HP Officejet Pro 8600A Premium e-All-in-One N911g
HP Photosmart 5510 e-AiO B111a
HP Photosmart 5514 e-AiO B111h
HP Photosmart 6510 e-AiO B211a
HP Photosmart 7510 e-AiO C311a
HP Photosmart e-All-in-One D110a
HP Photosmart eStation C510
HP Photosmart Plus e-All-In-One B210a
HP Photosmart Premium e-All-In-One C310
HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-In-One C410a
HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-In-One B110—Europe and Asia-Pacific
HP TopShot LaserJet Pro M275

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

It is the fifth printer listed

HP Recommended

Excellent!

So next steps...

What iOS is your iPad running and also, can you verify that your P1102W is running the latest updated software/firmware?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

5.0.1. Software is up to date but I had difficulty with firmware information. Firmware is from 2010.

HP Recommended

How do I get the HP laserjet p1102w to recognize the print command from my ipad2.  The Apple website says this printer is airprint compatible. There's no instructions how to connect the two.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The firmware update worked.

Getting to it is an obtuse process.

You'd think that HP would have a more user friendly (casual user friendly) process, rather than having to go to teh web to ask an individual who has figured out him or herself for advice.

Thank yo to the person who responded with teh web URL to enter to get there!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.