iPhone wont print to Printer (15070 Views)
Student
jimbrown213
Message 1 of 9 (15,070 Views)

iPhone wont print to Printer

my computer is able to print wireless to the printer.  my iphone is connected to the network, won't print. 

The printer que continues to show waiting when I look at the que.

Any recomendations?

Honor Student
halonen
Message 2 of 9 (15,064 Views)

Re: iPhone wont print to Printer

I've got the same problem when I'm trying to print as well from my Samsung galaxy s2.

It shows that the print is "in progress" dunno what to do, posted the message few hours ago. :/

Teacher
ePrintlady
Message 3 of 9 (15,037 Views)

Are you using AirPrint?  What version of iOS are you using?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Honor Student
srichardc
Message 4 of 9 (15,023 Views)

I have an iPhone 3G and an HP Officejet pro 8500A . The printer is connected to internet thru wireless router. On the iPhone settings I have Wi-Fi on and connected to the network for my internet provider. I can send print jobs to printer as long as I am within range of the router. 

In spite of the confusing advertising for HP ePrint, I am sending this info from HP ePrint support about their HP ePrint app for iPhones.

"This app does not use WiFi or Bluetooth® technology for printing, so it will not print to your local HP or non-HP printer. The HP ePrint application addresses publicly available printers, which are offered by local print service providers. It may also list your corporate printers if you are an HP ePrint Enterprise customer.

Home or Personal Printers can use airprint to print from iPhone. Please see URL www.hp.com/go/airprint

At this point of time, the HP ePrint directory of printers listed on your device shows Public Printers aqvailable to print."

Similar to so many other people on this forum, I can not send anything to my printer using the ePrint designated email address specifically for my printer from either any computer or any mobile device in spite of all the advertising hoopla out their. 

I can only use a mobile device within range of my personal WiFi router in my home if I want to print anything. The solution is to send an email to my home computer with attachments and print them off when I get home. I only have to remember to turn OFF the WiFi option on my phone to use airprint.

I hope this clears up some of your issues.

Teacher
ePrintlady
Message 5 of 9 (15,018 Views)

ok - thanks for the follow up information. Helps a lot.  Have you signed up for an account on ePrintCenter.com and assigned your printer an email address?  When you send email to your ePrint address what happens?  Do you see a status on ePrintCenter?  I'm sure we can get your ePrint working -- I use an iPhone and have a few web connected printers. 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 6 of 9 (14,993 Views)

jimbrown213 wrote:

my computer is able to print wireless to the printer.  my iphone is connected to the network, won't print. 

The printer que continues to show waiting when I look at the que.

Any recomendations?

Hey jimbrown213!

Your thread got kind of derailed here, so I wanted to try to help you out. It sounds like you are trying to use AirPrint (you select print from the action button on your iPhone) is that correct? If so, does the printer show up when you try to print but it just never prints the job? 

If the printer does show up when you try to print:

1. Unplug your router, your printer, and turn your iPhone off (hold the lock button down until it is fully powered off). Wait 30 seconds.
  2. Plug your router back in. Wait 60 seconds.
  3. Plug your printer back in and wait unitl it returns to its home screen.
  4. Turn your iPhone back on and try to print again.

If the printer is not showing up when you try to print:

1. Try performing a product update. This procedure is different depending on the printer so if you need help, let me know what kind of printer you are using.
  2. If no update is found or if you update and it still won't work, let me know what kind of wireless router you have so I can ensure it supports bonjour.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Halonen and srichardc, i answered your concerns in halonen's post from earlier.

P.P.S. Didn't mean to take over ePrintLady, we definitely appreciate your help!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Student
nevillex
Message 7 of 9 (14,305 Views)

Hello,

I am going through the same problem.  I have an iPhone 4, an HP Laptop, an HP desktop, and a Photosmart 6510 series HP printer as well.  Every time I go to print a picture off of my iPhone, the printer reads it, but never can pick up the paper in there.  If I print something off of the desktop or scan something to the wireless printer, it reads it just fine.  It tries to print, but can never read the paper thats in there and I know I placed it in the printer correctly.  I would really like to be able to print pictures directly from my iPhone, so if you could please help that would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

-Hannah

Student
GasketGuy
Message 8 of 9 (12,469 Views)

Thanks for the post, helped me out!
Retired
Antonius_L
Message 9 of 9 (5,356 Views)

Your post has been moved to ePrint, Print Apps, Mobile Printing, and ePrintCenter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation