Question

Student
RobDrob
Message 1 of 8 (15,886 Views)

ipad and iphone 4 not finding printer via Airprint

Hi I have an Ipad and Iphone 4 both on 4.2.1 . I have a new photosmart d110 printer and when I try to print  the devices do not find the printer.  The printer is hooked up to a windows 7 pc via a usb connection. Is this the reason it won't print via airprint. Or am I doint something wrong. My router is a linksys using earthlink dsl service.   Thanks for any help

Teacher
headsortails
Message 2 of 8 (15,856 Views)

Re: ipad and iphone 4 not finding printer via Airprint

Your printer needs to be connected to your wireless network. Connecting it via USB to your PC will not work directly with AirPrint.

Master's Graduate
Vanricker
Message 3 of 8 (15,802 Views)

Also, please make sure your Photosmart D110 has the latest firmware update.  Out of the box the printer is not AirPrint compatible and it requires the firmware update that you  can initiate from the printer's front panel.

If this reply helped you, please say thanks by clicking the blue Kudos star.

I am an HP employee
Student
jmcato04
Message 4 of 8 (15,262 Views)

i've updated the firmware on my printer and i still can't find my Photosmart d110 printer on my iPhone running iOS 4.2.1 what do i do?

Teacher
headsortails
Message 5 of 8 (15,237 Views)

If you are sure that you have the latest B110 firmware and that you have the printer and the iOS device on the same Wifi network then your problem is most likely in the wifi router you are using. Some older routers do not correctly handle multi-cast packets and these form the basis for Bonjour. Bonjour is the discovery protocol used when you print from iOS. What type of router are you using?

Honor Student
dingdongbt
Message 6 of 8 (14,478 Views)

iphone IOS4.2.1

HP Photosmart B110 series - the most update product as just bought

Router TL-WR941ND

can't detect printer of the iphone.

pls help to sort this out

Teacher
headsortails
Message 7 of 8 (14,465 Views)

First thing you will want to do is to update your firmware. You can do this from the printer's front panel.

Student
LindaAGoins55
Message 8 of 8 (8,839 Views)

I have a HP  D110a which when I first set it up two days ago I was able to print from my ipad 2. Today the ipad can not find the printer.  What do I do?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation