HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-21-2011 12:55 PM
I just got the HP 8500A premier printer (a910n) and it's set up for wireless printing from my 2 laptops at home. I just tried printing from my iphone 4 but it is unable to locate the printer.
Does anyone know how I can fix that? The product page clearly said this model works with apple's airprint... but i don't find any info.
04-24-2011 04:29 PM
Refer to this DOCUMENT on how to use AirPrint with ePrint enabled printers.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
04-24-2011 10:56 PM
A firmware update might be required for the printer.
Please open up a web page and input the printer IP to open up the printer Embedded Web Server (EWS).
Click on the Tools tab and check the printer firmware version. The firmware needs to be version 1048 and above to support Airprint.
Next click on the Network tab and click on the "Internet Printing Protocol" option on the left menu panel.
Check if Enable IPP option is selected.
The iphone 4 iOS needs to be running on version 4.2 and above.
**** Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" ****
09-12-2011 06:03 PM
I have the same problem, and we're going to keep these problems until our printers get replaced. The 8500 is NOT compatible with airprint or eprint and there is no workaround. See above link or go here:
The 8500A IS compatible.
Bummer for us
05-17-2012 07:42 PM
Airprint DOES work with HP 8500!!!!!!!!!!
1. Make sure your computer is connected to your network and is on.
2. Go to the hp website. Find the page for drivers, software and downloads and go there.
3. Select your product ( ie. hp 8500a plus all-in-one). Find "firmware" in the list. If you aren't sure print a test page from your printer and get it from there.
4. Download the file, save it to your desktop.
5. After it saves to your desktop, open the file and click "run".
6. Tell your computer and your anti-virus to trust and to continue.
7. After running the update, you will see a bar go across your computer screen saying that it is updating your printer. If you then look at your printer, it should show a green screen, this means it is working. Give it time to do its thing. The screen might flash on and off, but that is ok.
8. Finally, your printer will turn off and restart, which means the download is complete, it will also print off a "Self Test Diagnostics" page.
9. On your computer, it should say it is completed updating your printer where it had the bar going across saying it was updating it.
Now you should be able to print from your iphone, ipad, or ipod using airprint.