issues with new eprint app (1321 Views)
Honor Student
scbroncos
Message 1 of 6 (1,321 Views)
Accepted Solution

issues with new eprint app

I used to be able to print very easily from my iPad and iPhone4S by simply clicking the "reply" button within Safari, Mail, etc. and then selecting print from the list.  After the recent 'upgrade' of the HP app for eprint (home and biz was replaced) I can't print.  I've downloaded the new other apps from HP but nothing seems to work.  When I select my printer the job just sits in the queue forever and never makes it.  Is there something else I need to do or did HP remove this functionality?

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 2 of 6 (1,287 Views)

Re: issues with new eprint app

The way you were printing before has nothing to do with those apps. You were using AirPrint, which is a built in feature for iOS devices. What you need to do is clear out the print queue for your device. The easiest way to do this is a hard reset on your Apple device. 

Press and hold down both the home button (the round physical button of the front) and the sleep/wake button (the physical button on the top right hand corner) at the same time. Keep them held until you see a white Apple logo appear on the screen. You will see a message that asks you "Slide to power off", but we want to ignore that. Just keep holding them until you see the Apple logo. After you see the logo, release the buttons and the device will reboot.

You want to do this with all your devices before trying to print again. After you have reset them all, go ahead and try to print. Let me know if that works for you. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
scbroncos
Message 3 of 6 (1,279 Views)

I did that with both my apple devices an tried again but nothing printed. When I double click the center button I can see the job I just sent sitting in the queue but it doesn't print. This was working for me a few weeks ago but haant worked since I updated the all (could be a coincidence). Any other ideas? I can print fine using my computer and I can also print by emailing something to my Hp printer email account. I'm on a offficejet 6600.
Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 6 (1,261 Views)

Alright, let's try it this way this time.

First thing I want you to do is unplug the printer from either the back of the printer or the wall, while the printer is powered on.

After unplugging the printer, we want to perform a that same reset on both of your devices. Wait for them to boot back up and make sure there are no jobs currently in the print queue.

After you verify there are no jobs in the queue, go ahead and plug the printer back in, wait for it to boot up, and try sending a print job from ONE of the devices. If you try from both of the devices at similar times, that is going to get the jobs stuck in pending again. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
scbroncos
Message 5 of 6 (1,232 Views)

Thank you, Kyle!!!  That finally worked.  Sorry it took me so long to log it on the forum.

Honor Student
Sand-eye2
Message 6 of 6 (1,184 Views)

I have recently purchased the HP 3510 e all in one printer. Prints fine from the computer but not from the HP eprint app (for Iphone 4s). It will however print photos saved in the iphone from the eprint app but nothing else. When I tried to print from an email, an error message popped up which said "OOPS! We could not complete the job. Please try again." I've tried several times without success. I also noted in the background a message that said "There was a problem during printing. Please check your printer and try again." Please note I can send emails direct to the printer's email address, from the iphone, and print successfully. I've deleted the app and reinstalled without success. I've also rebooted both the iphone and the printer without solving the problem. Any suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation