just installed cloud print on my mobile. works fine with my 5510 but only prints black and white. (2218 Views)
Student
brianmadmidge
Message 1 of 17 (2,218 Views)
Accepted Solution

just installed cloud print on my mobile. works fine with my 5510 but only prints black and white.

Anyone know why I can only print in black and white on my photosmart 5510 when using cloudprint from

my HTC desire hd. ?

Grad Student
PanteraMoon
Message 2 of 17 (2,199 Views)

Re: just installed cloud print on my mobile. works fine with my 5510 but only prints black and whi

Hi brianmadmidge,

Here is what you need to do to edit the your print settings for Google Cloud Print:

1. Go to https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/ and click "Try it now" (You may be prompted to sign in, if so, sign in and go to the link again.)
  2. A pop-up will appear with your printer list.
  3. Select a printer.
  4. Click options.  Grey_K will be black ink only, Grey_CMY will be high-quality greyscale, and Color will be full color.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
Paulhafer
Message 3 of 17 (2,101 Views)

Re: just installed cloud print on my mobile. works fine with my 5510 but only prints black and whi

Youre a genius, thanks! While setting up two google cloud printers, I never went to the page you referenced, and its unlikley that I would have...thanks again
Grad Student
PanteraMoon
Message 4 of 17 (2,088 Views)

You're welcome! :catvery-happy:

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Top Student
Rattlebars
Message 5 of 17 (1,925 Views)

Re: just installed cloud print on my mobile. works fine with my 5500 but only prints black and whi

I installed cloud print on my HTC Incredible 4g a month ago. It all worked fine printing vibrant color with my 5500 until today. Now it will only print black and white. I have no "color" choice in my menu.  I followed the insructions in this thread and was anticipating finally fixing my problem. but I have no COLOR choice.  I have only black and white as a choice. What do I need to do? I have no idea why it once worked but now does not.

Grad Student
PanteraMoon
Message 6 of 17 (1,907 Views)

Re: just installed cloud print on my mobile. works fine with my 5500 but only prints black and whi

Hi Rattlebars,

When you get the Cloud Print pop-up and click on your printer, the only option you have is Grey_K or Grey_CMY?  If you click on "Grey_K or CMY," does it not give you any other options?  What are your color options in the Advanced options section?  Have you checked what options you have from the Page setup (below and to the right of the Print button) from the C loud Print app itself?  How is it set on ePrintCenter.com?  Log into ePrintCenter, click ePrint Settings then Print Options.

Top Student
Rattlebars
Message 7 of 17 (1,897 Views)

Hi

I don't have a printer code for eprint and don't know how to get one. The 5500 is not an eprint machine.  I will try again later.

Thanks

Top Student
Rattlebars
Message 8 of 17 (1,885 Views)

Android HTC Incredible 4g LTE Verizon
Windows XP SP3

Prior behavoiur: Choose image from gallery - tap share - tap cloud print - tap print in the pop up - print a beautiful color image.

Current behaviour: All of the above except it prints a black and white image.

Tried: Page setup - duplex: off - ICM method: none - ICM intent: colormetric (this is on the HTC)

Went to Google link in the above post and click try it now:
Choose hp officejet 5510 series
color: Black and white as ONLY CHOICE, nothing else - no color - no grey_k - no grey_cmy
Advanced: Same choices as above (ICM etc). No matter what setting I choose among those, my ONLY choice under color is black and white. NO OTHER SELECTION POSSIBLE.

Logged onto ePrintCenter.com  but the 5510 is not an eprinter. I have no printer code.  I have no access to one. I have looked at all printers in the list on the following forum site under office jet (I actually looked at evey list there) and the 5510 is nowhere:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02814760&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en#N2514

Grad Student
PanteraMoon
Message 9 of 17 (1,876 Views)

Ok, I see.  My apologies...  I thought you were referring to a Photosmart 5510.  So, you are hosting the printer from your computer through the cloud connector using Google Chrome.  Your printer is USB only?  Let me see what I can find, and I'll get back with you.  You could try removing it from your Google account and disabling the Chrome connector then set everything back up again.  That is really strange for it to work one day then not...

Top Student
Rattlebars
Message 10 of 17 (1,856 Views)

Ok, here is the situation. Chrome will NOT print in color on either of my XP SP3 machines. Nada. Even if I print directly from Chrome to the USB connected HP printer (an 1100 series and the 5500 series). This is a direct print from Chrome of a color web page, not through cloud print. If Chrome itself can't print in color and Cloud works through Chrome, the result will be.... you guessed it, black and white.

Here's my work around. I have an ASUS laptop running Win 7 64 bit. On each of the XP machines, I unresgistered my printers from cloud - disowned Cloud on those machines. I installed and ran Chrome on my Win 7 machine.  Chrome itself will print in color on both my HP printers directly from Chrome through my network. Therefore, on THAT Chrome on the Win7 machine, I registered my printers with cloud. It took Cloud about five minutes or so to wake up to these printers. If I print a file to either printer directly from chrome I get a nice color print. If I use the Android Cloud Print app from my HTC Incredible 4g I get beautiful color prints  from both printers.

Oddly, when I go to the printer properties in the Cloud Print App, I get a list of printer parameters that is way too long to repeat here. I get the ability to change print quality, borderlss photo, print all text as black and many many more things I can set. I have listed above the prior limited settings that were availble on my XP machines which did not include even a choice of color or B&W.

I searching the web about this, I found many people with HP printers that could not print anything in color from Chrome either directly or cloud.

So, if I have solved your problem, send KUDOs to me. ;>)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation