Question

Honor Student
FlygirlHP
Message 1 of 7 (2,412 Views)

keeping c310 from going offline

my c310 goes offline even if my computer is not sleeping.  How do I keep my printer on 24/7?  I can't even turn off power button to restart.  I have to pull the plug to reboot.  I'm sick of this procedure.

Master's Graduate
PrintApper
Message 2 of 7 (2,395 Views)

Re: keeping c310 from going offline

FlygirlHP wrote:

my c310 goes offline even if my computer is not sleeping.  How do I keep my printer on 24/7?  I can't even turn off power button to restart.  I have to pull the plug to reboot.  I'm sick of this procedure.

When you say offline, can you confirm what you mean?  The power is on, but it loses connection to your network, or do you mean the printer locks up and becomes non-responsive and you have to pull the power cord and reboot it to get it working again? 

FYI:  The best forums to get help with questions like that would be: 

- Printer locking up: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

- Losing network connection:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/bd-p/Networking

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
Ghery
Message 3 of 7 (2,266 Views)

I have the same problem and the links did not go directly to anything useful.  The C310a goes to an off-line status at random times.  Attempting to print from a computer on the network, or using ePrint results in the same message - the printer is offline.  Removing power at the plug, returning power and hitting the power button is the only identified fix.  And, yes, I'm using a static IP address and have tried locations closer to the router with the same result.

Master's Graduate
PrintApper
Message 4 of 7 (2,253 Views)

Ghery wrote:

I have the same problem and the links did not go directly to anything useful.  The C310a goes to an off-line status at random times.  Attempting to print from a computer on the network, or using ePrint results in the same message - the printer is offline.  Removing power at the plug, returning power and hitting the power button is the only identified fix.  And, yes, I'm using a static IP address and have tried locations closer to the router with the same result.

The referral to the other forums I provided above was because that is where you will find help for basic functional issues like the type you are raising - this forum is for web services issues and you have a more basic printer wifi connetivity issue.  

You should start a new thread in those forums as indicated - the first one if your printer is totally locking up, the second one if the printer is responsive but won't stay connected to your wireless network.  

- Printer locking up: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-and/bd-p/Install

- Losing network connection:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/bd-p/Networking

I am an HP employee.
Student
develop4u
Message 5 of 7 (1,026 Views)

This forum board deserves more than a genric cut and paste answer. I'm ready to return the darned printer.

Every day after the printer sits idle for a time it goes off-line.

I did not lose my internet connection. All of my other cpu's are live on my netwok.

The printer did not lose it's power. It just goes into an -off-line status and I have to power off the printer and turn it back on in order for it's status to return to on-line.  SO ANNOYING.

Everyone who owns this printer deserves a legitimate reply from HP on resolving this issue or HP should recall this product and provide all owners with a refund.

Honor Student
NickParks1
Message 6 of 7 (958 Views)

I'm having exactly the same problem - my C310a is connected via USB to my Mac, and is fine until it goes to sleep, and then it won't reconnect when I try and print.

Honor Student
mcl35
Message 7 of 7 (204 Views)

develop4u wrote:

This forum board deserves more than a genric cut and paste answer. I'm ready to return the darned printer.

Every day after the printer sits idle for a time it goes off-line.

I did not lose my internet connection. All of my other cpu's are live on my netwok.

The printer did not lose it's power. It just goes into an -off-line status and I have to power off the printer and turn it back on in order for it's status to return to on-line.  SO ANNOYING.

Everyone who owns this printer deserves a legitimate reply from HP on resolving this issue or HP should recall this product and provide all owners with a refund.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation