Question

Honor Student
belleta
Message 1 of 2 (277 Views)

laserjet CP1525 nw - eprint - webservice set up.... won't connect.

just installed the CP1525nw.  setting up eprint.  tells me to go to the IP address webpage and click on webservices tab.  click on tab, click "enable web services"....  hourglass spins and says "connecting", then returns with "Connection Error - check connection".

WiFi printing is fine. All else looks fine. I've turned off/on wireless; turned off/on printer to reconnect.... same error.  How do I get passed this point??

thanks.

Grad Student
D_P_George
Message 2 of 2 (254 Views)

Re: laserjet CP1525 nw - eprint - webservice set up.... won't connect.

Hello belleta,

You may try checking to see if there is a firmware update available for your printer. Also, it may be necessary to power cycle both your printer and router. First, unplug the printers power cord while it is still on. Leave it unplugged and walk to the router. While the router is still on, unplug the power cord from the router, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the router. Once plugged back in the router should power on automatically. Now go back to the printer and plug its power cord back in. Once plugged back in the printer should power on automatically.

If this does not resolve the issue then you may try setting a Manual IP address from the IP address webpage of the printer. You should be able to do this from the Network tab, then select either Network Address (IP) or IPv4 under the wireless heading. You should be able to select the Manual IP button. From here you can type in the information if you know it or press the button labeled "Suggest a Manual IP Address" and this should fill in the information for you. The DNS settings should be:

Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8

Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4

Let me know if you have further questions about these steps.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation