Question

Student
SMBKRON
Message 1 of 2 (928 Views)

my hp 114 envy will not print using air print what do i do? Is an Envy 114 the same as a 114e/110?

I am trying to connect a HP Envy 114 to my Verizon personal hotspot on my iPhone 4S.  The Envy Wireless Test states that it is connected, no problems.  The iPhone 4S shows it is connected.  Air Print does not work.

When setting up I followed instructions and also inserted the software disc into my iMac.  I followed the instructions and when asked to connect to the Envy via UBS cable did so.  The installation of the software failed, notifying me that the software was successfully downloaded to the Envy and suggesting I check to see if the Envy and the iMac were on the same network.  The iMac, the Envy and the 4S were all on the same network, the personal hot spot.

I cannot figure out what to do next.

Plus, I am suspicious--maybe paranoid.  The Envy 114 box does not state it is an Envy 114e, which is what I ordered from Apple.  Additionally, the Network Test Print states the model is an Envy 110.  Could the problem be the printer is the wrong model in the wrong box?

Any ideas?

SMBKRON

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 2 (903 Views)

Re: my hp 114 envy will not print using air print what do i do? Is an Envy 114 the same as a 114e/1

Hey there SMBKRON, accord to this document:

"NOTE: Bluetooth or 3G connections are not supported. AirPrint is compatible only via an 802.11 wireless network."

I am assuming the HotSpot is your issue due to the fact that it does not support Bonjour. Have you tried this across a normal 802.11 wireless network? I do think it would work if you used ePrint to send the document to the printer rather than AirPrint. If you want to try ePrint just register the printer on ePrintCenter.com and enable web services on the printer itself.

If your are tech savvy you could also try elimiating the hotspot and create an ad hoc connection between the Envy and iPhone.

Hope this helps!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation