10-10-2012 11:58 AM
I have an officejet 6500A printer i use to be able to air print from my Ipad now I cant my Ipad says cant find printer please help.
This question was solved. View Solution.
10-10-2012 02:07 PM
If it has worked in the past and nothing on your network has changed, powering everything off and back on should fix this. Turn off the router, printer and iPad. You will most likely unplug the power cord from the router to turn it off as very few models have an actual switch. To turn the iPad off completely, hold down the top button and an option to "slide to power off" will appear on the screen. Turn the router back on first and wait for it to finish booting, then turn on the iPad and printer.
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
04-18-2013 02:53 AM
04-18-2013 07:15 AM - edited 04-18-2013 10:47 AM
After the settings have been verified and the queue cleared, try to print again from the Apple device. If it fails I would then power cycle the device, the router, and the printer at the same time to make sure that they are in sync with each other.
1. Power down the apple device, make sure that it is off and not just in sleep mode.
2. Turn the printer off using the power button on the front panel.
3. Take the power cord out of the back of the router ( most do not have an on/off switch)
4. Wait 30 seconds and then turn plug the router back in. Wait for it to be up and running.
5. Next turn the printer back on and then lastly, turn the device back on.
6. Reattempt to print to the printer from the Apple device.
If still having and issue one would want to check to see if there is a firmware update available for the router. I hope that this helps
04-18-2013 12:01 PM - edited 04-18-2013 12:02 PM