Question

Student
micheledel
Message 1 of 6 (1,246 Views)
Accepted Solution

my ipad cant find my printer to print?

hi

I have an officejet 6500A printer i use to be able to air print from my Ipad now I cant my Ipad says cant find printer please help.

Grad Student
PanteraMoon
Message 2 of 6 (1,238 Views)

Re: my ipad cant find my printer to print?

Hi micheledel,

If it has worked in the past and nothing on your network has changed, powering everything off and back on should fix this.  Turn off the router, printer and iPad.  You will most likely unplug the power cord from the router to turn it off as very few models have an actual switch.  To turn the iPad off completely, hold down the top button and an option to "slide to power off" will appear on the screen.  Turn the router back on first and wait for it to finish booting, then turn on the iPad and printer.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided.

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Top Student
Gwenn
Message 3 of 6 (1,150 Views)

My printer used to print off of my iPad ..know my husbands got a laptop it will print his stuff and won't print mine ...it says can't fing printer and sometimes it goes through the motions and then just goes off... I tried unplugging it.. And I tried my hp app but that says error to printer
Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 6 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gwenn- I am sorry that you are having an issue printing from your Apple device to your printer. One would first want to make sure that the printer and the iPad are on the same network if one is having trouble printing. To check the settings:

1.   Go to the settings icon on the device and make sure that the iPad has the WiFi option turned on and a check mark by  
       the network name/SSID that the printer is on.
2.   One might also try turning Bluetooth off to see if that is interfering with the connection.
3.   After all the settings on the iPad have been checked, one will also want to check to make sure that the printer's
       firmware is up-to-date too.
4.   Make sure that the device's print queue is clear before attempting to print again. Clear print jobs from the printer
       queue on your iOS device by tapping the home button twice. The Print Center should appear on the bottom of the
       screen. Select Print Center and clear print  jobs by swiping your finger across each job and select 'Delete'.

After the settings have been verified and the queue cleared, try to print again from the Apple device. If it fails I would then power cycle the device, the router, and the printer at the same time to make sure that they are in sync with each other. 

1.  Power down the apple device, make sure that it is off and not just in sleep mode. 

2.  Turn the printer off using the power button on the front panel. 

3.  Take the power cord out of the back of the router ( most do not have an on/off switch) 

4.  Wait 30 seconds and then turn plug the router back in. Wait for it to be up and running.

5.  Next turn the printer back on and then lastly, turn the device back on. 

6.  Reattempt to print to the printer from the Apple device.

If still having and issue one would want to check to see if there is a firmware update available for the router. I hope that this helps

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Top Student
Gwenn
Message 5 of 6 (1,124 Views)

Thanks so much IT WORKED I did everything ou said so I really don't know what it was that worked Thanks again
Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 6 of 6 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gwenn -  I am glad that the printer is now working for you. Thank You for the response and feedback.  Happy Printing! 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation