Question

Tutor
cgtoni
Message 1 of 16 (12,586 Views)
Accepted Solution

my ipad used to print to my HP B210 eprinter, now it won't. What's wrong? iPad 1

[ Edited ]

my ipad used to print to my HP B210 eprinter, now it won't.  What's wrong?  (iPad 1)  Everything is hooked up correctly, am online, and can print fine from my wireless HP laptop.  The iPad finds the printer, but after trying to contact it, it says the printer is offline (which is isn't)

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 2 of 16 (12,573 Views)

Re: my ipad used to print to my HP B210 eprinter, now it won't. What's wrong? iPad 1

Hi cgtoni,

If you press the iPad button (the circle indention on the bottom center) two times to bring up your multi-tasking apps, do you see a Print Center icon? If so, delete the jobs in there and try to print again.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Tutor
cgtoni
Message 3 of 16 (12,560 Views)

Re: my ipad used to print to my HP B210 eprinter, now it won't. What's wrong? iPad 1

Hi, thanks for the response, but I had already tried that, deleted the print jobs, and tried again.  Nothing.  I restarted the printer.  Nothing.  I rebooted iPad.  Nothing.  I does say that "the printer is offline", but the printer is not offline.  I have the latest updates on the iPad, etc.  I got this printer back in March, and it worked fine then.  I can't remember the last time I tried to print to it, but it worked fine.  Now it won't, and I don't know what has changed.  Thank you for any help.

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 4 of 16 (12,558 Views)

cgtoni,

You have been very thorough, try these steps in sequence:

1. Unplug the power cord from the printer.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the router.
  3. Turn Bluetooth off on the iPad.
  4. Plug the router in and allow to power up fully.
  5. Plug the printer in and allow to power up fully.
  6. Try to print from the iPad.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Tutor
cgtoni
Message 5 of 16 (12,557 Views)

Hi, I just decided to power off my printer and unplug it.  Also powered off my iPad.  Waited about 30-60 seconds and plugged in the printer, powered on the iPad.  We have liftoff!!!!  It works now!  Thanks for responding.

Tutor
cgtoni
Message 6 of 16 (12,556 Views)

Oops, did this before I saw your reply.  Looks like the unplugging printer did the job, also powering off the iPad too.  Thanks.

Student
ojai1
Message 7 of 16 (12,476 Views)

I tried your idea and it worked. Thank you, I was pulling my hair out for the last 2 hours.
Student
Jenniferhtx
Message 8 of 16 (12,234 Views)

I had the same problem and your answer was spot on. Thanks so much
Student
Lawdclark
Message 9 of 16 (8,441 Views)

Re: my ipad used to print to my HP B210 eprinter, now it won't. What's wrong? iPad 2

My iPad will not print to my printer
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 10 of 16 (8,438 Views)

Hi Lawdclark,

I see that you're having problems printing to your printer.  What printer do you have?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation