Question

Student
alpater
Message 1 of 10 (13,688 Views)

my printer is printing blank pages

I setup my printer and did my test pages.  Now when I try to print all I get is blank pages.  I have the hp c310

Teacher
Abhi_13
Message 2 of 10 (13,683 Views)

Re: my printer is printing blank pages

Hi Alpater,

This is a known issue with all the new E- all in one printers and this issue is fixable with two steps of cleaning:

Touch the setup menu on the unit (wrench icon)>> scroll down to Tools>> scroll down to  Clean Cartridges and touch ok on it.

Once the cleaning is finished a printer will print reports check if you see all the colors including black on the report if not check if the prinetr display asks you for second or intermediate cleaning if yes select it and complete the second step of cleaning and check on the report printed if you see all the colors printed fine or not and try and make a color and black and white copy from the printer and check if the copier works fine or not and come back with a reply if you need further assistance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on Kudos if the issue is resolved

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself.

Student
alwayshi
Message 3 of 10 (13,562 Views)

I've got the same issue with my c310a.  I know its been posted in these forums repeatedly, but I can't seem to find a solid answer.  I've cleaned the heads about four times and done the realignment three times and all it does now is print magenta.  This thing is one giant brick.  If anyone has a good solution, please help. 

Student
dvoorheis
Message 4 of 10 (13,079 Views)

Same problem after numerous head cleaning cycles, re-alignment etc, Only printing magenta after replacing starter cartridges.  And yes, they are HP brand replacement cartridges.  IMHO the printer is too new for this kind of problem.

Student
orangestar182
Message 5 of 10 (11,136 Views)

Same freaking problem. Have had the printer 6 months but used it maybe 3. This is a terrible product. 

Student
JLFrank
Message 6 of 10 (10,579 Views)

Has anyone found the solution to this problem.. I've done all the tests, cleaning, turning on and off even changing print cartridges and still printing blank pages except now on the testing on the testing it only prints magenta. printer used maybe 10 times at most.  seriously aggravated at this point. since this has been a all day ordeal for a simple craft project.

Student
DillonFraser
Message 7 of 10 (6,614 Views)

The only thing the printer is printing are the test pages

Student
Ashu94
Message 8 of 10 (5,307 Views)

Hey there!! I have hp J510 series printer and I have recently come across the same problem. I have tried everything, aligning the cartridges to cleaning them in all three steps, the result is that it only prints faded lines on the top of the page and the rest of the page is blank. I have tried refilling and then replacing the ink cartridge and printing pages over and over so that some ink might show up on the page or the cartridge gets started but it never does. This problem seems to be serious and without a non-technical or easy remedy. I seriously think HP should improve their products, spcially the printers. This is a total disappointment as I had to print pretty important form papers for my admission in an engineering college and today is the last date of submission of those forms. I am panicking right now and I hope some friend of mine has a working (non-HP) printer so that I can get my forms ready ...!!

Pray for me guys ...!! :smileyhappy:

Student
jbloom92131
Message 9 of 10 (1,197 Views)

I ran the proposed diagnostic and all i got was a blank page from the hp c310

Student
divo
Message 10 of 10 (1,189 Views)

Same blank pages problem with c310.  I removed the printer cartridges and the plastic tray that they click into.   Soaked the tray for 3 days in warm water, sloshing it around in the water and changing the water frequently.   Finally the water rinsed out all the accumlated ink.   Wiped it dry and then let it air dry overnight.   Re-installed the tray into the printer and then reinstalled the cartridges and the printer printed just fine for the next 3 pages, then it printed about half density and then back to blank pages again. :smileysad: I gave up and bought another brand of printer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation