Question

Top Student
rentown
Message 1 of 10 (2,917 Views)

my printer will not print the document HP photosmart plus B210

my HP photosmart plus  B210 printer will not print. operinthg   the test page is fine.  says all is ok.  I sometimes get an error that the door is open but that goes away.  It showes the documents are in the spooler and says one of them is printing but it never prints.  I have one of my colors empty. does that make a differance?

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 10 (2,883 Views)

Re: my printer will not print the document HP photosmart plus B210

Hi, are you still having trouble printing from your printer? If so can you tell me a little more about the problem e.g. have you ever been able to get it to work, are you trying to print using the ePrint service (either print apps or by sending files to your printer's e-mail address)?

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
rentown
Message 3 of 10 (2,880 Views)

No it still will not print.  THe document is hung up in the spooler.  The only thing I can do is delete it.  there is an error too.  It must be a software problem. I don't know what to do.  I don't know how to eprint or find the address of my printer.  I print my stuff at work.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 4 of 10 (2,877 Views)

Hi, here is a link to a webpage where you can download diagnostic software tools that can help solve common printer problems HP Print Diagnostic Utility such as documents failing to print and getting stuck in the printer queue.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
rentown
Message 5 of 10 (2,874 Views)

I did all the downloads and watched the video.  I gets hung up on finding my printer.  I could not find it and would not quit trying even after half and hour.  I don't know what to do.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 6 of 10 (2,864 Views)

Has your printer ever worked? Are you able to print out a test page from the printer software that should be on your desktop? (see example images below)

B210 SW 1.JPGB210 SW 2.JPG

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
rentown
Message 7 of 10 (2,852 Views)

yes it did print but not now.  I can not even get the printer to show up when i check the printer status.  When I start with the control panel and go to printers I see the printer.  the printer is not shared with the home group.  ???? what do i DO NOW.?  keep helping me please.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 8 of 10 (2,821 Views)

If you can see the printer icon in the Control Panel is there a check mark on the icon like in the image below left? If not then right click on the icon and select Set as default printer. The other thing you can try when right clicking on the icon is to select Printer properties and when the dialog box opens on the General tab click on the Print Test Page button in the bottom right corner (see the image below).

Printer icon 1.JPGPrinter icon 2.JPG

I am an HP employee.
Top Student
rentown
Message 9 of 10 (2,775 Views)

I did everything you asked.  It said printer is not shared.?? and the test page option never showed up.

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 10 of 10 (2,772 Views)

Has anything changed on your system since the printer last worked e.g.. change of operating system. If not you may want to uninstall the printer software and reinstall the device on your computer. Here is the link to the Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210a support page.

I hope this can help you resolve your problem.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation