new hp3520 can not connect to internet after initail setup (2343 Views)
Intern
trinaz2
Message 1 of 5 (2,343 Views)
Accepted Solution

new hp3520 can not connect to internet after initail setup

Multiple issues here:

1st....my new hp3520 e-printer will not connect to the internet.  Have a wireless network that recognizes the 3520.  I can print wirelessly to the 3520 from multiple PC's in the house.

Problem is in the internet connection...here's info from  the HP Network Configuration Page:

Primary DNS Server        0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS Server    0.0.0.0

Everything else looks good

2nd....I can find NO way to completely uninstall the HP Deskjet 3520  and start anew.  Nothing seems to be on the DVD and can find no uninstaller online ?  Is there an uninstaller somewhere that will remove everything...including the registry entries...so I can try again from the beginning ?

3rd....On initial install...a page was printed with the E-Print mobile printing "Get Started" page.  Unfortunately...nowhere on the page does it say you have to do this in 24hrs !!

Is there a way to reprint this page with a new signup printer code ?

Thanks for any and all help...

TiminAz

Win 7 Pro 32bit

Prefix Length

On
On
HP-Print-95-Deskjet 3520 series
2c:41 :38:45:a6:96
http://192.168.223.1

Manual

o

Configured By Self

Enabled

Enabled
Deskjet 3520 series [45A695]

Enabled

Enabled

Enabled

Note everting seems ok except there are no DNS entries ?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 5 (2,315 Views)

Re: new hp3520 can not connect to internet after initial setup

First, I would set a static DNS on the embedded web server (EWS). To do that:

1. Type the IP address (example 192.168.XXX.XXX) by itself into the address bar on the browser. That will bring up the EWS page. From there you want to locate the Network tab. On that page locate the column that is usually on the left and select “networking” then on net page find network address (IP) and then select that option. That will bring up the configuration page.
  2.  You will want to focus attention on the 2nd section labeled “DNS Configuration”. Change the radial button to “Manual DNS”; for Preferred/Primary DNS fill in 8.8.8.8; for the Secondary/Alternative fill in 8.8.4.4 and then select “Apply”.
  3.  If a message appears after that with an “OK” button read that message carefully! Most the times that message is informing you to click OK to undo the change you just made, if that is the case ignore message, you can just navigate to another tab on the EWS to get away from it.   
  4. Then power cycle the printer and it should then connect to web services

Since it is printing wirelessly to other computers, the static DNS should resolve your ePrint issues and you would not need to uninstall at this point.

To reprint the info page touch the button labeled “ePrint” on the front panel of the printer and that should bring up an option on the display screen to reprint the info page.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Intern
trinaz2
Message 3 of 5 (2,308 Views)

Re: new hp3520 can not connect to Internet after initial setup

Thanks much...worked fine...a couple last questions since I'm setting this up for a Friend:

There are no entries in the WINS section same as the DNS section was blank ?  Is this correct ?

Also...when looking in the on-line HP eprint section for avaialbe apps for this printer...I got a message saying there are no available apps for the HP 3520 e-print  printer ?

Is this correct even though the machine has an e-print button on the front ?

Thanks...TRinAz

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 5 (2,279 Views)

Re: new hp3520 can not connect to Internet after initial setup

As of today, that printer can ePrint but does not have apps available to it.   So, as long as you have the ability to send email you can send the printer print jobs to its email address  to print photos and file attachments like pdf , txt and MS word documents (to name a few). You can send them from anywhere, from a phone, another computer or tablet if those devices have the ability to send emails.  Apps are something that other printers have that allow you to access them on the  display panel of the printer and use them for activities like printing recipes and crossword puzzles.  So you will be able to ePrint, but not be able to access apps at this time. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
johnpmarch
Message 5 of 5 (1,794 Views)

Re: new hp3520 can not connect to internet after initial setup

I have a Netopia router and do not very many tabs when I go into the settings of the router any idea on how to set my printer up with the router?  It does not even have one of those buttons you can press to send out a signal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation