Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have been using my Officejet 8600 for a while and have had no problems using the Wireless Printing function.  All of a sudden it will not print from any app or the internet.  I have powered down my modem, wireless router, printer and laptop.  No help.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer.  The test page will print!!!  But then I go straight to another app and it says the printer is offline.  I have run the Wirelss Print Setup Wizard many times and it always comes back saying the printer has connected successfully.

The blue light next to the Wireless Icon is not lit which I know should be.  Please help!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi tamicampos,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that your wireless icon is not lit, and that you cannot print with your HP Officejet 8600. I am happy to help you with this issue!

For further assistance, I will need to know:

1. If you are using a Windows or Mac Operating System, and the version number. To find the exact version, visit this link. Whatsmyos.
  2. If the printer is able to make copies by itself.
  3. If the power cable is plugged into a surge protector, or directly to the wall outlet. Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.

In the meantime, please take a look through this guide. Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue.

Also, please print a Network Configuration Page, and let me know if anything fails.

Hope to hear from you, and have a great day! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  It began with a download of windows 10.  To answer the questions....

My operating system is a Windows 10 64 bit

My printer will print copies just fine.

Printer is plugged directly into wall

My HP config page does not list any error messages.  It is connected to my wifi just fine.  But, the blue light is not on. 

I have tried restarting everything involved.  Inc. spending 2+ hours in a chat with an HP rep last Monday; with no success.

Please help; i need to print from this printer soon!

HP Recommended

Hi jeffreyTSLC,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have sent you the instructions in a private message for a semi-full reset. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

If this does not resolve your issue, please contact HP, phone support for further assistance. To get the printer serviced/or replaced. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best of luck! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

The blue light on my officejet 8600 also does not go on anymore.  I have tried everything on the list and more.  I can no longer print from my phone or other devices. 

How can I get this thing working again?

Lori

HP Recommended

Hi, 

8600 printer has worked fine on wireless connection for 2 years but I have now changed to a new laptop. Installed 8600 software and followed set up but will not print. Set up printer and confirms connected to WiFi router. Wireless icon on the printer screen is on and signal strength is good, however, separate the blue wireless light (alongside the ethernet and 2 sided print lights) is not on. 

I note this is exactly the same problem as reported by another user on this forum - see below. 

Followed set up on computer and this says The IP address entered is either incorrect or is from a different wireless network that has the same name as your network etc.

Next step?

Thanks

PhilB2016 

HP Recommended
Can you give instructions in the forum so others can see? Thank yiu
HP Recommended

Same with me - 8600 worked fine until I got a new router and had to reconnect the wifi. The printer says 'connection successful' and no errors in the printout, but the blue light is off and no network PCs can connect to it...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.