Question

Tutor
kammx4
Message 1 of 8 (610 Views)

only pdf files

Hi i have a photosmart with eprint. I have installed the iprint app. My problem is that it only reconises PDF files and not  microsoft DOCX. How can i get DOCX to print?. Thanks for any replies.  

Tutor
MikeJRuff
Message 2 of 8 (593 Views)

Re: only pdf files

Hello

Have you tried saving them as DOC as from what I remember is that the new MS format of DOCX isnt supported.

Mike

PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 3 of 8 (577 Views)

What are you printing from?

Which model of printer do you have?

iPrint supports printing of photos, pdf files and txt files.

If you have an Apple device such as the iPad, you could use Apple Airprint.

The other option, open to just about anybody with a device that can send email is to send the document as an attachment to the printer's hpeprint.com email address.

For more in depth information, go to www.eprintcenter.com and select the Help tab.

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
kammx4
Message 4 of 8 (569 Views)

I recieve emails on a samsung galaxy s. I have aHP B110a photosmart. i want to be able to send the mails to the printer and it works fine with PDF files but some mails come in as DOCX format and won't appear in the IPRINT app. Any ideas.

Tutor
kammx4
Message 5 of 8 (567 Views)

Not sure how to do that. The emails come in various formats but only PDF will print?.

PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 6 of 8 (536 Views)

[ Edited ]

kammx4,

HP iPrint Photo 3.0 does have some limitations, but newer printers have other options.  You could send the DOCX file via HP ePrint to your printer and it would print that way.

Visit www.eprintcenter.com to get started with ePrint.

I was an HP employee.

Tutor
kammx4
Message 7 of 8 (527 Views)

Hi super dave. Thats the problem the DOCX file  wont appear in the iprint app on my phone and wont print. Could there be any issue with the age of the docx file. Didn,t microsoft change WORD a couple of years ago???

PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 8 of 8 (525 Views)

HP iPrint Photo prints photos (.jpg, .png, .tiff, .bmp, and .wmf), txt files and pdf files.  Other files such as DOCX are not supported in HP iPrint Photo and so will not be discovered when trying to locate files to print.

I was an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation