Question

Intern
klapfaddle
Message 1 of 8 (4,631 Views)
Accepted Solution

photosmart 6510 alignment fails

Installed brand new photsmart 6510 all went well till cartridge alignment, it failed after repreated tries.  CANNOT print in black at all. all cartridges are new out of the box.

please help.  I do not want to have to rturn this item, it looks so cool.:smileyfrustrated:

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 8 (4,616 Views)

Re: photosmart 6510 alignment fails

[ Edited ]

Hi I hope you are doing well and welcome to the HP forums;

Sorry to learn that you are having this issue, I am fairly certain that you did all this but just to make sure.

Remove all platics and tapes securing the printer including inside of the printer.  After that It stays giving you this error if you want, I will them run this tool from a Win XP or later computer. THE HP print and scan doctor to see  if it find any errors in the printer, Let me know the outcome I will do my best to help you.

Hope this helps:

RobertoR

:manlol: remember ↓↓↓ 

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Intern
klapfaddle
Message 3 of 8 (4,611 Views)

thanks for reply but it's too late, am returning this to  Amazon for replacement.  I'm pretty good with computers etc and I feel I did all    that I could.  Wish I knew of this tool before. May have to use it if I get failure again, but then I will probably go for an Epson.

Many Thanks

Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 8 (4,608 Views)

[ Edited ]

klapfaddle,  I uderstand. Well if you need help wit any HP product, I will be here :smileyvery-happy: ready to help to the best of my habilities,

just me me know how.

Best of luck;

RobertoR.

And remember ~▼

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Student
tiffanyhfbr
Message 5 of 8 (4,437 Views)

I am having the same issue the first person on the forum is having with the same printer. I do not have the option to return my printer - this is essentially a disposable printer! The replacement cartridges although labeled to work in my printer, do not. The sensor pads do not match whatsoever to the "SETUP" cartridges (which are the cartridges that come with your new printer) and there are no other 564 cartridges available. So, basically HP has made a printer that has no replacement cartridges?? What am I supposed to do about this?

Honor Student
davidmx7
Message 6 of 8 (2,703 Views)

Thanks Roberto, this worked for me after days of problems trying to sort out a failure of my printer to print black ink. When I ran a partial reset as suggested in a forum post I then repeatedly got the cartridge misalignment message and still no black ink. I then searched for a solution to cartridge misalignment having already decided I was going to replace my 6510 with a different brand and then found your post. Ran 'The Doctor' and hey presto, my printer is working again...thanks! Can I suggest you post under the heading, '6510 won't print in black' too...I think you'll help a lot of people who are tearing their hair out.

Student
Gabriel_P
Message 7 of 8 (2,202 Views)

Hi.  I have the same problem.  My 6510 B211 is not printing in Black.  I have changed the cartridge and still not working.  I have downloaded Print and Scand Doctor and balck is very light, almost invisible.   This is the second device I have with this problem.  I have sent the first one to HP and because it was under guarantee, I have recieved this new one but I wonder whether this is going to happen every few months?   Any idea to help me to troubleshoot the issue?

Honor Student
davidmx7
Message 8 of 8 (2,186 Views)

I had exactly the same problem that you describe with my 18month old 6510. It was out of guarantee and after spending ages on numerous suggested fixes I took it to the local tip and replaced it with a new printer...not an HP as this is the second HP printer I've had that has lasted less than 2 years.

This problem appears to be one that renders the 6510 not fit for purpose so my advice would be to ask for a refund!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation