Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You should not need the proxy address.

The steps below typically resolve the issue you’re experiencing:

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your router (and modem, if separate from the router).

3. Wait 20 seconds, then plug the router (and modem, if applicable) back in.

4. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the printer back in and power it on.

5. Press the ePrint button on the printer's front panel, and it should try to connect to Web Services again.

Those steps usually resolve the issue, but if it still occurs you can try setting static network info for the printer (which sometimes helps to stabilize the printer's ability to get outside of your network, to the internet):

1.  Press the wireless icon at the top of the printer's screen and note the IP address.

2.  Enter the IP address into the address bar of a web browser on a computer and press enter or click the browser's go button. 

3.  The printer status page should be opened.  Click on Network at the top.

4.  Click on Networking on the left.

5.  Select Proxy Settings.
Note:  If you are prompted for a redirect, select OK.  If you receive a certificate warning, select the option that lets you continue anyway.
If you receive a Internal System Error, refresh the page until it loads the proxy settings.

6.  Verify that all fields are blank.  If they are not, clear them and make sure the Proxy Server requires authentication is unchecked and click apply.  You should get a success message.

7.  Click on Network Address (IP) on the left.
Note:  If you only see IP Address Configuration and DNS Address Configuration with a yellow note, refresh the page until it loads completely.

8.  Leave the IP Address Configuration as Automatic IP.

9.  Change DNS Address Configuration to Manual DNS server.

10.  Enter 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Manual Alternate DNS Server.

11.  Click Apply and you should get a success message.

12.  Power off the printer for 30 seconds and then turn it back on to force the new settings to take effect.

Let me know if I can assist you further. Thanks!

If I have SOLVED your issue, please feel free to provide KUDOS and make sure you mark this thread as SOLUTION PROVIDED!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You should not need the proxy address.

The steps below typically resolve the issue you’re experiencing:

1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your router (and modem, if separate from the router).

3. Wait 20 seconds, then plug the router (and modem, if applicable) back in.

4. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the printer back in and power it on.

5. Press the ePrint button on the printer's front panel, and it should try to connect to Web Services again.

Those steps usually resolve the issue, but if it still occurs you can try setting static network info for the printer (which sometimes helps to stabilize the printer's ability to get outside of your network, to the internet):

1.  Press the wireless icon at the top of the printer's screen and note the IP address.

2.  Enter the IP address into the address bar of a web browser on a computer and press enter or click the browser's go button. 

3.  The printer status page should be opened.  Click on Network at the top.

4.  Click on Networking on the left.

5.  Select Proxy Settings.
Note:  If you are prompted for a redirect, select OK.  If you receive a certificate warning, select the option that lets you continue anyway.
If you receive a Internal System Error, refresh the page until it loads the proxy settings.

6.  Verify that all fields are blank.  If they are not, clear them and make sure the Proxy Server requires authentication is unchecked and click apply.  You should get a success message.

7.  Click on Network Address (IP) on the left.
Note:  If you only see IP Address Configuration and DNS Address Configuration with a yellow note, refresh the page until it loads completely.

8.  Leave the IP Address Configuration as Automatic IP.

9.  Change DNS Address Configuration to Manual DNS server.

10.  Enter 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Manual Alternate DNS Server.

11.  Click Apply and you should get a success message.

12.  Power off the printer for 30 seconds and then turn it back on to force the new settings to take effect.

Let me know if I can assist you further. Thanks!

If I have SOLVED your issue, please feel free to provide KUDOS and make sure you mark this thread as SOLUTION PROVIDED!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you! Your solution was very helpful. I had no trouble going through the procedure that you sent to me.

It automatically printed out the acceptance to the eprintcenter.

Does this type of situation happen often? What would cause this to happen? I printed out your instructions if there is a further problem.

HP Recommended

Great! I am glad that I was able to help you out! This problem seems to happen when the printer is unable to get out of your local network. When you set the static information, it "opens" the door to the "outside" world if you will. You shouldn't have to worry about it happening again! If you do, you have the instructions! Thanks Again!

HP Recommended
Thanks Again!!!!!!
HP Recommended

Greetings, late to this thread but same problem. However after following all these steps I get only a "printer processing your request" and then it fails. thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @McB753

Welcome to the  HP Support Forums.  I see that you have encountered an issue when trying to follow enable the web services on your Photosmart 6510 printer.

I have a different set of instructions where you don’t need to mess around with the proxy server settings.  You will still be setting a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer.  I have include the link to the other post that has the steps, with screen shots on how to do this.  Please don’t worry that the screen shots are for a Photosmart 7510 printer, the steps and the screens will be the same. 

Please let me know the outcome.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I followed your instructions to connect printer to computer. After I clicked the last apply I received "an error has occured" message. I returned to the previous page numerous times and am getting the same message.

Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Roni

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.