Question

Student
lisabyers22
Message 1 of 4 (1,729 Views)

printer offline. prints test pages from google cloud...nothing else

I have a HP photosmart d110a...working on windows 7.....eprint enabled. when i try to print i keep getting messages saying the printer is offline... i cant even eprint......says a network error is occuring... have turned printer off and back on, have unplugged network line and am short of uninstalling..... please help..... the test page from google cloud printed without any problem but othing else will go.

Grad Student
D_P_George
Message 2 of 4 (1,712 Views)

Re: printer offline. prints test pages from google cloud...nothing else

Hello lisabyers22,

I am sorry you have been having these issues. I just wanted to clarify a few things in order to better understand your issue and possible solution. When you say unplugged network line, what cord exactly are you unplugging and from what device? Also, is this printer connected to a computer through USB cord or are you printing over a wireless network?

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Master's Graduate
KennyB3
Message 3 of 4 (1,707 Views)

[ Edited ]

lisabyers22,

I hate to hear that the d110a is not printing over the wireless network from the windows 7 machine but is able to print from google cloud.  I will do my best to assist you today.

With the message saying the printer is offline the computer and the printer are not communicating properly.

The best next step to a problem like this is to save and run the HP Print Diagnostic Utility found by clicking the link below then clicking the blue download button

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

After using this utility please post the outcome so that we may continue troubleshooting if needed

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Grad Student
wade1027
Message 4 of 4 (1,704 Views)

Hi lisabyers22,

Verify that no USB cables are plugged into your printer in addition to it already being wirelessly connected to your router.  If so, removed the USB cable and power cycle your printer.  

Remember Google cloud print also allows printing to wired printers and non cloud enabled printers installed in your printer folder, so you may have been printing to your USB wired installation of your printer. 

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation