printer stops printing and then prints 1 or 2 lines corrupt text subsequent pages (169 Views)
Honor Student
WidgyM
Message 1 of 4 (169 Views)

printer stops printing and then prints 1 or 2 lines corrupt text subsequent pages

Printer stops printing in mid page and then prints one or two lines of corrupt text on each subsequent page. Will continue 'forever' like this unless you cancel the print! Also scanner stops scanning but the copier function still works

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (159 Views)

Re: printer stops printing and then prints 1 or 2 lines corrupt text subsequent pages

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

It sounds like a communication issue with the printer, but without some details it is difficult to make recommendations.  If the printer is connected by USB I would remove and reseat the USB cable on both ends.  Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
WidgyM
Message 3 of 4 (152 Views)

Re: printer stops printing and then prints 1 or 2 lines corrupt text subsequent pages

The printer is a HP Photosmart C6280 'All in One' model about 5 years old. It is connected by US and I am running Windows Vista home version. Hope this helps and thanks for acting on my question so quickly. Best regards

Regents Professor
UniProg
Message 4 of 4 (125 Views)

I've seen this issue before.  I believe it is because lack of free memory on your computer.  Does it print fine on 1-2 page jobs, but the longer jobs, this is what happens?  What happens when you reboot your computer, then try to print the same job? 

Please let me know!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation