Question

Tutor
IronJeff
Message 1 of 13 (3,647 Views)
Accepted Solution

printing envelopes with hp deskjet 3520

Envelope printing is misaligned. The tray guides align the envelope in the middle. But, the actual printing is aligned toward the right of the tray (the bottom of a full sized page, if inserted in lieu of an envelope)

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 13 (3,608 Views)

Do this only happen with envelopes?  I would try cleaning...

Do this only happen with envelopes?  I would try cleaning the rolers.

Print Envelopes.

Tutor
IronJeff
Message 3 of 13 (3,602 Views)

Re: Do this only happen with envelopes? I would try cleaning...

I just purchased the printer. It doesn't print on anything smaller than 8.5x11: photo paper, envelopes. If I place an envelope in there, it prints in the wrong place. The sheet feed keeps the envelope in the middle of the printer. The return address prints on the left middle, and addressee doesn't print at all. I presume on the bottom where there is no paper.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 13 (3,577 Views)

Did you take a look at that document on printing envelopes that was posted in previous post?
Tutor
IronJeff
Message 5 of 13 (3,572 Views)

Re: printing envelopes with hp deskjet 3520

Searched for--and did not find--an answer to this question before I initiated this post.

If you know of an answer provided elsewhere, would you be so good as to provide a link?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 13 (3,570 Views)

[ Edited ]

I will repost the link.

Click here for printing envelopes.

Student
tvalinet
Message 7 of 13 (3,507 Views)

Same problem.  when envelopes are put along right side, printer kicks out paper.  when paper guides are use, delivery address doesn't hit a #10 envelope.  any help?

Top Student
Buike
Message 8 of 13 (3,333 Views)

I used a full sheet of paper landscape and then put the address where the envelope tray is on the machine, now I have envelopes.  I'm hoping that HP will have a fix for it...

Tutor
IronJeff
Message 9 of 13 (3,289 Views)

Solved the problem.

For envelopes settings in Word

Mailings:Envelopes:Feed

Word was set to the feed settings for my last printer.

For some reason, I cannot discern, it also solvend the feed settings for photos.

Student
GK3614
Message 10 of 13 (3,017 Views)

Although this is solved, this is an example of a lack of real feature support by either HP or Microsoft. In the past, I noticed that when an installed printer isselected, MS Word automatically selected the proper settings for the orientation positioning of the envelopes.  Word would properly populate the parameter of feed and orientation.l

There has always been the ability to over-ride, or change on a document-by-document level. However, it seems to me that something is missing here. Why can't the printer installer provide the necessary information to be recorded in the registry, and then, why can't MS Word pick this information up so use USER's do not have to encounter this problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation