Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been using the scan to email for documents feature on my Envy 7640 without problems until today. I get as far as clicking on Document....then it says its having aproblem connecting with the server.  What do I do?  Wireless internet is connected.

annI

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @becky82554

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are getting a connection error message when attempting to use the scan to email feature of your envy 7640 printer.

Please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer. I have included a link to another post that has the steps, including screen shots, on how to do this. Please don’t worry that the screen shots show an Officejet 8610 printer, the steps are the same.

Please let me know the outcome.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  and i followed the instructions regarding resetting the manual server...and it didn't work!  help!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  and i followed the instructions regarding resetting the manual IP address...and it didn't work!  help!

HP Recommended

I fixed this by resetting web services in the printer setup menu. I deleted all the email addresses i had entered. And after entering a new email and receiving a pin it worked correctly

HP Recommended

Thank you.  You just made an annoying day ten times better.  Leave it to the users to come up with an actual solution . . .

HP Recommended

I did all of this and nothing worked. I even deleted my email and re-inserted my email. So it's weird that the printer is able to send me an email with a PIN and still, when I try to scan to email, I continuously get the "Server Connection Error."

IMG_1397.jpg

I use a Mac so when I go to my System Preferences and click on my printers I can do a manual scan to my computer. It comes in as a pdf without an issue which I can then attach to an email and send, but I want to figure out what is causing this error which seems to have come out of nowhere because it might point to some other issue going on.

I called customer service and Jessica told me that it was a problem with the drivers "sleeping" on my computer, that they may have been corrupted. She seemed convinced that it was a problem with my computer and not the printer. Jessica then tried to get me to pay $150 to talk to a technician. I said I couldn't afford that so I chatted with a Mac tech who said that it's normal for drivers to be listed as sleeping and that it seemed fishy.

I need some help, HP, or this will probably be the last HP product I purchase.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.