Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 5740
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I am able to print wireless, however I am unable to scan to e-mail. It was working, however when I accidentaly disconnected the printer outlet once it rebooted it doesn't work anymore. When scanning to e-mail the error occurs "Server Connection Error" There was an error connecting to the server. Touch Retry to connect again, or OK to exit.

When I press Retry the same error pops up and when I click OK it just goes back.

I searched the site and found the below answer which I followed, however once I get to the 5th point it doesn't ask me to accept terms and offcourse can't continue to the 6th point. I received a new IP address for my printer when I turned off my printer, however the scan to e-mail function still does not work. Please asssit. 

Re: Server connection Error:403

You need to set the manual IP address and manual DNS servers for your printer. Once you've set the manual IP and DNS servers, you should be able to connect and use the scan feature.

1. Enter the IP address of the printer into the address bar of your browser. This will bring up the embedded web server of the printer.
2. Click on the network tab. You should see the Network Summary for your printer. Click on 'Networking' on the left hand side menu.
3. Click on 'Network Address (IP)' on the left hand side menu. On the radial button beside "Manual IP" then click on "Suggest a Manual IP Address" button. The Manual IP address, Manual Subnet Mask and Manual Default Gateway should populate for you. Click on radial button beside "Manual DNS Server". For the Manual Preferred DNS Server please enter 8.8.8.8 and for the Manual Alternate DNS Server please enter 8.8.4.4. Click on 'Apply'. If you get a warning message about changing the IP address please click 'OK'.
4. Turn the printer off by the printer's power button. Wait a minimum of 15 seconds and then turn the printer back on.
5. Press the ePrint icon in the upper left hand corner of the printer's front panel. This should prompt you to accept the terms of service. Choose 'Accept'.
6. When prompted about the automatic updates please choose 'Yes'. The printer should now show the HP logo while the printer communicates with the HP servers. The Web Services information sheet should print with the claim code for your printer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @JPeil1,

Welcome to the HP support forums.

I understand that you are getting a server connection error when trying to scan to email.

I would like to help.

I would like to direct you to the following post by PrintApper.

ePrint/Apps Connectivity Troubleshooting - Please Review

If you would like to talk to a support agent about this issue, please call our Cloud Services at 855-785-2777.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I am seeing the same "Server Connection Error" message on my HP Officejet 5740 when trying to email a scanned document, and the am not seeing any further clarification on the hyperlinks you provided.

Below is the full error:

Server Connection Error

There was a problem connecting to the server. Touch retry to connect again, or OK to exit.

There doesn't appear to be an answer that addresses the above problem on the website that you provided.

EDIT

This appears to be a relevant thread for the "Server Connection Error" issue:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.