Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi ...
I have hp LaserJet P1102W Printer, from 2 years I have changed the default password. and now unfortunately I have forgot what it is.
Is there anybody can help me to solve this problem.

HP Web Services.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, that is what I thought. You will need to reset the printer's network defaults. This is done by;

Restore default wireless settings

1. Turn the product off.

2. Press and hold the wireless button and the cancel button, and then turn the product on.

3. Hold the buttons until all the lights blink in unison, and then release the buttons.

Above taken from the User Manual.

Once the defaults are restored, you will need to set the printer up on the network again. Enter the new I.P and the password should be cleared.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello ousamakh,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to see if I can help get the password recovered for the P1102w, or more so reset. Is this password asked for when you enter the I.P address of the printer into an Internet web browser?

My first thought would be to restore the network defaults on the printer. If you would like to try that, check out Chapter 4, Page 27 from this User Guide: LASERJET PROFESSIONAL P1100 Printer series User Guide.

Keep in mind, once the defaults have been restored, the printer will need to be put back on the network.

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

HP Web Services 0.JPG

this is the point. I have changed the password, and now I am unable to remember it.

HP Recommended

I understand that you have forgotten the password, I was asking where this prompt to enter the password is. E.g, when you try to access the Embedded Web Server for the printer by entering the I.P address into your web browser.

Also, if this password if for the printer, to reset it, you may want to try a restore of the network defaults.

Can you please let me know in more detail when this password prompt comes up?

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

When I access to the printer IP address opens the Homepage for the printer :

HP Web Services 1.JPG

And then when I want to open any of the following pages ( settings - Networking - HP Web Services ) it's required the password :

HP Web Services.JPG

Then I stand unable to do anything.

HP Recommended

Ok, that is what I thought. You will need to reset the printer's network defaults. This is done by;

Restore default wireless settings

1. Turn the product off.

2. Press and hold the wireless button and the cancel button, and then turn the product on.

3. Hold the buttons until all the lights blink in unison, and then release the buttons.

Above taken from the User Manual.

Once the defaults are restored, you will need to set the printer up on the network again. Enter the new I.P and the password should be cleared.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Haiiiiiiiiiii
this is ...........

Thank you very very very much

that it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.