Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

purchased officejet pro 6830 a couple of days ago.I notice that when printing it does not show the name of the site nor the date at the bottom of the page.Is it possible to get the printer to show the name of the site and the date at the bottom of the page?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good morning,

As mentioned above. I use Firefox that why the screen shot is for Firefox and IE's way is very similar. Click the printer icon (or Ctrl+P) you seee the followwing screen:

ieprt.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Where (which application) do you print from ? You have to set footnote from application(s).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I dont know what you mean by which application(printing from laptop).If I am on a website and want to print something off that page,I just click on print.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Pleae make sure on page setup you have Footnotes and make top and bottom margin wider/larger.

marg.png

Regards.

ps The above image is for Firefox, IE and other Browsers use the same way.

BH

HP Recommended

Hi again,thanks for your reply.Can you tell me how to get to Page Set Up.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Which browser are you using ?

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Hi banhien,am using Firefox 35.0.1

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi again banhien,

Found page set up in firefox and printing shows url and date at the top of the page.Do you know how to show url and date when printing with IE11

Thanks again

HP Recommended

Good morning,

As mentioned above. I use Firefox that why the screen shot is for Firefox and IE's way is very similar. Click the printer icon (or Ctrl+P) you seee the followwing screen:

ieprt.png

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Hi banhien,

Thank you for your help.All is now well.Thank you again.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.