trouble adding printer to HP ePrint Home and Biz iPhone app - can't find printer's email address (4063 Views)
Honor Student
amybett
Message 1 of 11 (4,063 Views)
Accepted Solution

trouble adding printer to HP ePrint Home and Biz iPhone app - can't find printer's email address

I'm trying to connect my HP Photosmart c6380 to my iPhone. I already downloaded the app and my printer is connected to my wireless network, as is my iPhone, but I can't add my printer to the app.

When I go to "Manage ePrinters" and try to add a printer with the + button I see 3 choices:

Add ePrinter from list: "No ePrinters available"

Add Manually: I can't find the printer's email address even using the instructions found at the ePrint center.

Add from WiFi Network: My printer isn't shown in this list so it does not support auto discovery.

So I'm guessing that if I could just find my printer's email address that would connect it to my iPhone for wireless printing, but I can't for the life of me find it. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 11 (4,037 Views)

Re: trouble adding printer to HP ePrint Home and Biz iPhone app - can't find printer's email address

Hello amybett,

I have bad news and good news. The bad news is that your printer is not Airprint/ePrint capable. However, the good news is that with the HP ePrint Home and Biz iPhone app it does not need to be Airprint/Eprint capable, as long as it is connected to the same network as your phone.

Here are the steps you will want to take to print something:

1. Setup the app by completing the email registration and entering the code (which I believe you have).

2. Select the item you wish to print using the menu in the app (Photo Albums, Saved Files, Web Browser, etc.).

3. Once you select the item you should see the item and a large "Print" button under it.

4. If the printer you want to print to is not listed above the "Print" button, select the icon on the right (wrench/computer) and select the printer you wish to use (along with other settings). 

5. Tap on the "Back" button in the top left corner, then tap "Done" (blue button in the top right corner), and then tap the "Print" button to print your item.

Let me know if you are still having trouble after following the guide above.

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
amybett
Message 3 of 11 (4,033 Views)

Re: trouble adding printer to HP ePrint Home and Biz iPhone app - can't find printer's email address

Hooray! That works!

Thank You!

I didn't even think to look at it starting with the file.

So it will now wirelessly print from a saved file, & photo album which is what I needed.

:smileyhappy:

Top Student
Simon99
Message 4 of 11 (3,931 Views)

Hi Gordon_H,

I have a similar issue but not quite but perhaps you can help.

I have a photosmart c410b and I have set eprint up fine online and can print from email without any problems.

however, I ma having trouble on my iphone and ipad using the eprint app. When I go to select a file to print, the printer shows up but the big blue print button is greyed out. If I click the wrench it shows my printer as existing with a small red dot beside it. 

The printer is on and is on the same wireless network and printing wirelessly from my laptop is not a problem.

Strangely it did work fine for me once from the iphone but when I logged back in a day later the printer isn’t showing. I tried to add it from my printers and it was not in the list form the wifi button. I tried adding manually using my printer email address and it says operation could not be complete. Please check printer email (which I have done).

All very strange and confusing so any help much appreciated please.

Thanks,
Simon

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 5 of 11 (3,903 Views)

Hi Simon99,

Are you using the HP ePrint mobile printing app or the HP ePrint Home and Biz app?

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
Simon99
Message 6 of 11 (3,897 Views)

Hi - I am using the HP Hom and Biz eprint app

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 7 of 11 (3,893 Views)

Ok, I am not sure why the printer shows up with a red dot (which means unavailable). If the printer is on the same network as your iPhone, and the printer is on, it should work as it did the first time you used it & it worked.

To be able to use the printers email address you would need to have an ePrint account. Have you signed up for an ePrint account and added your printer (which is different than registering your app)? If not, you can go HERE to create an account. Just click the Sign In button and then the link on the left that says Create an account. once the printer is added to the ePrint account, then go into your app and add the printer's email address again.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Top Student
Simon99
Message 8 of 11 (3,890 Views)

Hi - yes i have set up an account and an email address and added the printer to the account so still not sure what i'm doing wrong.

When i try to manually add by looking for the email address it ca't find it which is strange despite checking and rechecking the email address on the display screen of the printer (which connects wirelessly to the internet fine)

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 9 of 11 (3,876 Views)

Hmmm, very odd.

Here is a link to some troubleshooting that should help resolve the issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02846742&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

Student
Ron3183
Message 10 of 11 (959 Views)

does it have to be an HP printer
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation