unable to connect galaxy s4 to deskjet 3520 series (771 Views)
Honor Student
robbie2517
Message 1 of 4 (771 Views)
Accepted Solution

unable to connect galaxy s4 to deskjet 3520 series

I've lost my user guide. i recently switched from a Motorola droid razr m to a samsung galaxy s4. since switching i've not been able to connect with wireless direct or use my hot spot to connect my hp 3520 series printer to the internet. im a bit challenged in the realm of technology. can anyone offer a solutin or tell me where to download a user guide? thanks for any help!

HP
Jon-W
Message 2 of 4 (759 Views)

Re: unable to connect galaxy s4 to deskjet 3520 series

Hello,

One issue with hotspots is they aren't always 100% reliable for a printer connection as its designed more for getting to the internet than communicating between devices on the hotspot, so that might be part of your issue with the new phone. 

Normally this printer is set up on a wireless network from a pc or a mac. This document will walk through those steps if you have one available: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=...

Wireless direct should normally work with those devices, you would just have to enable it on the printer and make sure your phone connects to the printers network, which will usually be something like HP-Print-AE-Deskjet3520. Once that is established you should be able to print again, but only with the phone connected to that network.

With the s4 you also have built in print capability from the inOS drivers for HP Printers. If you go to settings on a file within Gallery, the default mail application, or the default web browser, it will give you a print option. This should detect any printer on the same network, or give you an option to scan for wireless direct devices.

Also the userguide is located here for that model: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&document=&product=5162506

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
robbie2517
Message 3 of 4 (750 Views)

thank you! i will let you know after i try these options if they solved my problems. i did get the manual and am thrilled about that. also easy to follow instructions. AWESOME!
Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 4 (612 Views)

FYI, check out Arkle's post about mobile printing from the Samsung Galaxy S4.....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/HP-Mobile-Printing-f...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation