where do you install the ink cartridges on the hp officejet 6600 printer (5042 Views)
Honor Student
mssandra04
Message 1 of 7 (5,042 Views)
Accepted Solution

where do you install the ink cartridges on the hp officejet 6600 printer

Honor Student
mssandra04
Message 2 of 7 (5,041 Views)

Re: where do you install the ink cartridges on the hp officejet 6600 printer

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 7 (5,037 Views)

See the document here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
mo1951
Message 4 of 7 (3,286 Views)

Trying to install just the black ink cartridge and not colors; printer says I must replace all colors in order to operate but I should be able to use just black shouldn't I.

Student
Halaine
Message 5 of 7 (3,023 Views)

Just bought printer 6600. Do I need to plug it into the router that is downstairs in my home. Could you please send picture of where we install ink cartridges . Thanks
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 7 (3,015 Views)

The cartridges are installed as shown in step 4 of the document here.

If you have a wireless router you should be able to set the printer up wirelessly.  The document here has information on setting the printer up wirelessly.  The site here also has helpful information.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 7 of 7 (3,014 Views)

mo1951 wrote:

Trying to install just the black ink cartridge and not colors; printer says I must replace all colors in order to operate but I should be able to use just black shouldn't I.

The Officejet 6600 has separate printheads and ink supplies.  You will need to have cartridges installed for all the colors and black to allow printing.  Printers with integrated printheads and ink supplies often allow printing with only the color or black cartridge installed but this is not the case for printers with separate supplies.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation