Question

Honor Student
workdarnit
Message 1 of 4 (4,225 Views)

why does my printer work but the paper comes out blank. ink cartridges are full.

My printer sounds like it is printing but the paper comes out blank.  The ink cartridges are full.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (4,223 Views)

Re: why does my printer work but the paper comes out blank. ink cartridges are full.

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system?  Have you removed the protective tape from the cartridges?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
workdarnit
Message 3 of 4 (4,203 Views)

Re: why does my printer work but the paper comes out blank. ink cartridges are full.

The printer is an HP photosmart premium.  I am on windows 7.  Yes all tapes are off the cartridges.  It has previously been working fine.  It just suddenly quit.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (4,199 Views)

What printer model - there are about a dozen HP Photosmart Premium models including the c309a, b, c, g, h and n and the c410a,b,c,d and e. 

There are a few things to check - I would suggest running up to three cycles of print head cleaning from the front panel or toolbox.   Do copies also come out blank?  Try the steps in this page, starting at about Solution 6.  Does any ink at all print on the test page? 

For some models there are firmware updates available that are only delivered through the web connection.  Make sure the printer has been connected and perform any updates that are available for the firmware.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation