Question

Student
matteom
Message 1 of 2 (169 Views)

wi-fi problem with photosmart 5524

Hi,

lately i changed my router and now I  have some problem with my printer. Before I could print and scan via wi-fi.

I have a macbook pro running osX 10.6 and in the sistem preference/pinters  i was able to see the hp photosmart 5524.

now I can print but I can't scan. In sistem preference I can't see the printer but his IP adress and my iPhone and Ipad can't print.

I downloaded the app discovery - bonjour..and there is no hp printer but  just a IPP 

can you help me somehow please

Matteo

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)

Re: wi-fi problem with photosmart 5524

Hi Matteo,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that since changing your router that you are no longer able to print wirelessly from your Apple mobile devices and you are unable to scan to your computer.

Please also run the wireless setup wizard found on the front panel of the printer to ensure it is connected to the new network.  The instructions on how to do this can be found in your User Guide on page 32 in the section titled “To connect the product with the Wireless Setup Wizard”.

When you change the wireless router you need to follow several steps to ensure the printer and your mobile devices connect to the new network, regardless if the name and the password have been kept the same. The instructions on how to do this can be found on Wireless Printing Center – Troubleshooting Issues.  In the section titled “Your printer was working over the network before, and now isn’t” there is a sub-section titled “Was anything changed or updated on your wireless router recently”.  Please click on the + Read more and follow the instructions. 

Once you have all your devices successfully connecting to the new network, please test scanning from your computer.  If you are still unable to scan, please provide some further information:

1)       Are you getting any error messages when you try to scan? If yes, what are they and do they appear on the computer or your printer?

2)      Are you able to make a copy from the front panel of the printer? If no, does it give you an error message?

3)      Is the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet?

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation