Changed the display settings, now it goes to blank screen after Windows logo.
NinjaTurtles85
Student
‎10-08-2009 06:57 AM

Hi,

I've got a HP Mini, one of the Vivienne Tam models and I changed the screen resolution to 1024x768 for use with an application, but when trying to change it back to I think 1024x576 that option was not there, so I changed some of the settings, I remembergoing to Advanced in the display settings and enabling/disabling a couple things (I don't remember exactly and can't check now) and since then when I've restarted and whenever I boot I get to the screen where I can adjust system settings/boot settings by pressing f9/f10 then the windows xp logo comes up, then nothing but a blank screen comes up.

Is there a way I can boot the computer with it's default monitor settings?

Thanks in advance for any help :smileyhappy:

SocofDC
Student
‎01-01-2010 07:48 PM

I am having a similar problem too!  I have been researching on here for a while using a different laptop but I can't quite figure out how to get the monitor on my HP Mini 110 back on.  Can anyone help?

erico
Provost
‎03-25-2010 06:13 PM

start it in safe mode by tapping F8 when you start it and then use windows system restore to a date before you made the changes.

The HP Slate 8 Pro & HP Slate 7 Plus tablets that I am using are product loans provided by HP to help make it easier for me to recreate issues and provide answers.
ecs
ecs
Honor Student
‎03-31-2010 01:24 AM

I have used a Registry workaround that I found on Windows 7 Forum, Clean Install with a Registry Workaround. I worked immediately. I am a female geriatric, so if I can do it it is well explained. Except for one thing.

After you have downloaded the Registry file, clicked it to 'merge it, the article talks about using an ,Elevated Command prompt'. Just in case you, like me, don't know what that is, it means that only the administrator can write the change. The solution is simple. Point to the Command Prompt (Accessories) with the RH mouse and click 'Run as Administrator'. This takes you in to the correct Cmd screen 

Many people are complaining of the same thing. I first had the trouble when I installed the final Windows Updates. After that I could enter only through Safe Mode. If you can see the screen in Safe Mode apparently it is not the display driver. I could not uninstall the Updates, so I performed a Custom Install following the directions in the Win 7 Forum article.

1. Make sure that you leave unticked the automatic Activate box (at the enter Product number screen).

2. Also, select the third option Ask Me Later for the install Updates, or you will never get to correct the Registry.

3. Activate your product ( you should have your internet connection intact)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation