Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
SNPRH-1603
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I was very excited to have a Sprocket as a gift.

But after I tried printing serveral photos on my Galaxy Note 5, the all the pictures were quite bluish.

I tried the following things :

1) try reload ZINK Smartsheet a couple of times

2) updated the firmware with the latest

However, the print quality is still bluish.

Unfortunately, Sprocket is not sold in Korea, so I am afraid whether my visit to HP CS center rewards my time and effort.

What should I do to make this right?

Thanks much in advance!

James

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @ApprenticeBoy,

Welcome to the HP community.  A Good day to you. Smiley Happy I read the post about bluish prints using the sprocket printer while printing from the Android phone. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Have you uninstalled the sprocket printing app and reinstalled it and tried again by printing?
  • Have you reset the printer and tried to print?
  • Have you tried printing from a different device like an iPhone, IPad or another Android phone to isolate the issue to this specific phone or printer?

For now please perform these steps.

• Please uninstall and reinstall the sprocket printing app.
  • Try printing from a different device and there is no bluish tinge then the issue is with the Note 5 phone that you are using and you may need to contact he phone manufacturer for further assistance. (perhaps resetting the phone  after backing up all your data and trying may help)
  • If it does the same thing from a different device, then please reset the sprocket printer by pressing the reset button with a small paper clip or pin.

These links are very useful. Link1 is for the sprocket printer FAQs: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05240300

Link 2: is the sprocket printer user guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05280005

The user guide shows you how to reset the printer on page 12. It also gives you tips to improve the print quality of the printer. Please go through the user guide.

Link 3 gives the product specifications of the printer: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05239705

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi DavidSMP!

Thanks a lot for long, caring and yet clear recommendations to try.

I have tried all three recommendations of yours, but the picture quality is still bluish as before.

It seems the thermal print engine is off calibration or damaged during handling.

What will be the next step for me now?

Best,
HP Recommended

Hi @ApprenticeBoy,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the reply. Brilliant effort, great persistence, and application were shown to try and resolve the issue.Kudos to you for a job superbly done. 🙂 If you've tried all the steps and the issue still continues, then it definitely looks like a hardware issue with the printer. Please contact HP phone support to get it replaced. It is usually replaced if it is under warranty and from the same country of purchase.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. You've been simply marvelous to work with and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you.:) Thanks again for your wonderful time and for doing business with HP. 🙂

I genuinely hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @ApprenticeBoy

Sorry to hear about the print quality trouble with your Sprocket unit; that is definitely abnormal.  May I ask a few questions?

1.)  Have you checked to make sure you're running firmware 1.1.2 on your Sprocket?  (menu -> sprocket -> Printers -> FIrmware Version)

2.)  Are you using HP brand ZINK paper?  I noticed you mentioned living in Korea, where we wouldn't yet have the product or paper available yet.  Therefore, unless you're buying paper elsewhere, it's possible you are using another brand of paper.  The HP ZINK paper is specifically calibrated for our printer, so using 3rd party paper may result in undesireable print quality, such as the blue tinting you described.  Perhaps you can import official HP ZINK paper from somewhere else, or you'll need to wait until the product officially launches in Korea.

I'm doubtful you'll be able to obtain support via HP online, given Korea isn't yet a supported country for Sprocket.  However, let us know how that works out and we can continue to assist, if possible.

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.