Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
X7N07A
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Hello,

currenlty having new sproket for my girl. We did both:

- install sproket aps (android 6.0) on samsung and LG mobile.

- Load sproket as per help/install section (loading paper, plug cable for charging...)

- pairing sproket with phones w/o problem.

- when opening sproket aps, we both did get message asking for app. update.

- for both the app. loading did get into error.

- then  we got both the message that the aps cannot get printer info.

- and of course we cannot use the printer ...

-> I have already reset the printer several time, using the reset button.

-> we have both already un-install/re-install the sproket aps on our phones...

Tell me something new that I've not already seen into all the help sections i've been already getting into....

Thanks

Sabrina

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Marmoute42,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Sprocket Photo Printer wherein it does not connect to the printer from your phone.

This issue could occur if the unit is not set up properly.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Setting up the Printer

If the issue still persists, then you may need to contact HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks Rainbow23...still not working.

I will try via www.hp.com/contacthp

Thanks

Sabrina

HP Recommended

@Marmoute42,

You are welcome.

I understand that you will contact HP Phone Support for further assistance.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Marmoute42

Hi Sabrina, just checking if your query is now resolved?

sprocket 2.JPG

www.hp.com/go/sprocket

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Hello,

eventually get via HP support.

I had to clean the aps cache on the phones...

-> the problem get solved when I've not been accepting the request to update the sprocket aps.

seems the aps new version is generating errors in connexions.

we are running on Samsung, LG and Wuawei phones and all did get the first errors in connexion.

Now the aps is working except for the LG. we cannot print from the aps but we can from the galerie and from other aps (facebook/instagram...)

Hope it can helps other users 🙂

Thanks

Sabrina

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.