Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Other

Hi,

I've just received a HP Sprocket and I'm having trouble getting it to print from my Sony phone which is running on the new Nougat update. I can get them paired over Bluetooth and it says it's connected in the app but when I go to print I get an error message coming up. 

I've paired it with an iPad, a Samsung Galaxy 7 and an older model Sony phone and I've got it to print it just won't work on my phone!

I've tried resetting the Sprocket several times, turned my phone on and off and uninstalled the app and it's still not working!

Is there a known issue with the Nougat update? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

We just tried on our Sony Xpreria Z5 that just had a Nougat update and all was fine - we were able to print.

However, prior to printing, we updated the firmware on Sprocket to 1.1.3.  

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.