Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Sprocket printer
Android 4.1 and older
When I open the sprocket app the films are upgrade comes up . when I click yes to upgrade it keeps saying error orrerd please try again. I don't know why it won't upgrade.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @beautiful3

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues updating the sprocket app on your phone.

I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that to update the sprocket app to the latest version you should be running android 4.4 or above. I see that you have Android 4.1 on your phone and that is why the app is not getting updated.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@beautiful3 -

Are you referring to a firmware upgrade for your printer appearing when the app is opened?

You may want to check a couple of things to make sure this is successful:

1.)  Ensure your printer is fully charged, by connecting it to a power source and waiting 60-90 minutes

2.)  Ensure your mobile phone is connected to a robust wireless connection, allowing a successful download of the firmware.

Please try these two things first and report back.  As the previous moderator posted, if you're truly running Android 4.1 on your mobile device, it is not a supported operating system for our Sprocket app.

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
I can't get my sprocket to do the firmware upgrade either. I've reset the printer, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, the printer is fully charged, my phone is fully charged, no one is on my Wi-Fi network other than myself and I have an excellent signal with a great download rate. I am also running android 5.1. Please help.
HP Recommended

Hello @teamrubin15

Would you be able to tell me what firmware is currently running on your Sprocket device?  This may assist us in troubleshooting your issue.

You can do this by following the instructions below:

1.)  Make sure the Sprocket is turned on and paired with your mobile phone.

2.)  From the Sprocket app, go to menu -> sprocket -> Printers

3.)  Confirm the digits in the 'Firmware Version' field (e.g: 1.1.0)

Thank you!

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
Firmware version 1.1.0
HP Recommended

Hello @teamrubin15 - 

We've introduced a fix for the Android firmware update issue with the latest release of the mobile application.  If you haven't already, can you please visit the Google Play store and make sure you've updated the Sprocket app?

Once you've updated the mobile app , proceed with the previous firmware update steps as you did previously.

Please let us know if that helps!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.