Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have reset my printer.  I have reset my phone.  I finally had gotten everything to connect.  When I send a picture, it makes a noise like it is doing something, but nothing happens.  Very frustrating.  Just got this yesterday. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ACOOKE

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your Printer issue. I understand that when you print from your mobile printer does not respond and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. I appreciate your effort.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Provide me the printer model number.
  • Which mobile are you trying to print from, Android or IOS?

Meanwhile:

Reset the printer.

• Remove all the power cable from the printer.
  • Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds.
  • Connect the printer directly to wall outlet.
  • Connect the cables and turn on the printer.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I am having the same problem. My iPhone is connected, I send a picture to sprocket, the printer tried to print but the picture comes out blank. I have followed directions above and nothing still happens. RMN: SNPRH-1603
HP Recommended

@lkfletch

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP sprocket printer. I understand that it prints blank pages and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Use genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper.
  • Clean the output rollers with the blue HP ZINK Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer.
  • Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.
  • Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water.
  • Use clean, wrinkle-free photo paper.

For further troubleshooting steps refer the steps mentioned under What can I do to improve print quality in the document.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
That doesn't help and we have done these things. We are returning the product.
HP Recommended

@lkfletch

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone Support for assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @ACOOKE and @lkfletch - 

It sounds like you may have received a rare faulty unit, so I hope you'll give Sprocket another opportunity.  As I'm sure you've seen, the vast majority of customers absolutely love the product.

I'm not sure if you tried removing and reinstalling the paper first, but that may be something to try if you still have the unit in hand.

Additionally, please make sure you are utilizing only HP brand ZINK paper, as 3rd party brands may cause issues with loading and print quality.

I'm sure your next Sprocket experience will be a great one!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.