Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (231 Views)

Protect otherd from pairing

Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
How can you protect the hp sprocket printer from others connecting or pairing to the device. I had my sister try pairing to it n print something frm her gallery without the app juat to test it and it printed . so i just want to know if theres a way to protect other from gettn into it
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (196 Views)

Re: Protect otherd from pairing

Hi @Moni90

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to stop others devices connecting to your printer.

I’d love to help!

I would like to inform you that there is no way to put a password or stop the printer from connecting to other devices. I recommend you to turn off the printer when you are not printing.

Please refer to the product manual for more information.

http://hp.care/2dxuhCc

Hope that answers your question and you have a good day ahead.

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation