Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Sprocket
Other
My sprocket is working however no picture comes out on paper?
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Satenig,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand you are having a printing issue on your HP Sprocket. I'll try my best to help you with this,

Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help to resolve this issue for you.

Use genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper. ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper for best results. To purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper from other retailers.

Clean the output rollers with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer. Load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet into the input tray with the bar code facing down and the photo paper with the print side facing up, and then send a print job.

Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.

When the printer becomes too warm, a Cooling down... Sprocket needs to cool down before printing another job. Wait to send another photo. message might display on the HP Sprocket app. Tap OK to clear the message.

Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water. If water spills on a photo, wipe it away as soon as possible to prevent damaging the photo.

Use clean, wrinkle-free photo paper. Avoid loading wrinkled or curled photo paper into the printer.

Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (ppi) for optimal print quality. Screen-captured images from your mobile device might not have sufficient resolution for optimal print quality. See your mobile device manufacturer for more information.

Update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

For more details, please visit this link.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Satenig,

Can i know when the paper coming out do you feel the paper is a bit hot? If yes, that means the engine is working.

Need to make sure the you are using the Zink photo media, since Sprocket doesn't work on the normal photo paper.

With all the things above, the other thing is to make sure the way you loading the photo paper is correct. The side of the photo paer with the "HP"and "Zink"log should be facing down. If the front and back side of the paper was opposite it won't work either. I attached a photo of the Zink photo media, the side shown in the photo should be facing down.

IMG_0760c.jpg

And do remember to put the Smartsheet on the bottom of the stack. That is for calibration.

You can refer to the below document for the correct way of loading paper (page 2).

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05280005

Hope it helps!

I am an HP employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.