Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Sprocket pairs with my husband's Samsung phone, it pairs with my Apple iPad Mini, but will NOT pair with my iPhone 6s plus.  It will also not pair with my granddaughter's iPhone 5s.  I have followed the directions for trouble shooting and nothing works.  I've uninstalled it, reset it with the pin, deleted the icons and re-installed them from the app store.  What seems to be the problem with Apple iPhones and Sprocket?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Welcome to the hp support forum, thanks for your query.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to pair your iPhone's with your sprocket printer.

Please try unpairing or turning off the bluetooth of the devices that are already conected as only one device can be connected at any time.

Also please refer to the below document (Page 4, Pairing mobile devices) and check if it helps.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05280005

thanks!

I am an HP employee.
I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Hello @dlp35727 - 

There is a recent firmware update that should address the bluetooth connectivity issues you described in this thread.  First, I do want to point out that Sprocket can only be connected to a single iOS (Apple) device at a time.  If you've already paired the Sprocket to another iPhone/iPad, you'll need to unpair or turn off bluetooth on that device before you can discover and pair it elsewhere.

If you're seeing it in the bluetooth menu of your iPhone 6s but it's not showing up in the app, I suggest that you go into your bluetooth menu and 'forget' the sprocket, then restart your mobile phone.  After restarting, attempt to pair again via the bluetooth menu, then open the sprocket app to check your connection.

Once you're paired, please follow the instructions below to update your device firmware:

• First, make sure the Sprocket is charged to at least 75% battery and powered on.
  • Ensure the Sprocket is paired to your mobile device.
  • On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app and go to menu -> sprocket -> Printers; A ‘blue’ firmware update link will be present or a pop-up message will appear if an update is available.
  • After clicking the link or upgrade prompt, follow onscreen process/instructions. 

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.