Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
iOS
iPhone 7+ shows Sprocket is connected but the Sprcoket app says it is not connected. I have tried disconnecting Bluetooth, reinstalling the app, resetting the sprocket. None of them works. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @cindiwong, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are unable to connect sprocket to your iPhone.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer or phone?

I did some research and found HP Sprocket works on iOS v8.0 and later.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the sprocket app on your iPhone.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Turn on the printer. By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device. Tap the Main Menu icon, tap sprocket, and then tap Auto Off. Select when you want the printer to turn off.
Charge the printer. On the printer, look for white and green indicator lights. The Status Indicator light is solid and white when the printer is turned on and the Charging Indicator light is solid and green when the printer is fully charged.
Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer.
If the printer is already paired to your mobile device, turning Bluetooth off and then on might resolve the issue.

If the issue still persists try performing a factory reset.

If the printer does not print when you send a print job or turn on when you press the power button, reset the printer with a straight pin to clear any errors.
Turn on the printer.
Locate the reset button near the charging port.
Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.
The printer resets and turns off.
Turn on the printer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot sprocket issues.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey there! @cindiwong, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you are unable to connect sprocket to your iPhone.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer or phone?

I did some research and found HP Sprocket works on iOS v8.0 and later.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the sprocket app on your iPhone.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Turn on the printer. By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device. Tap the Main Menu icon, tap sprocket, and then tap Auto Off. Select when you want the printer to turn off.
Charge the printer. On the printer, look for white and green indicator lights. The Status Indicator light is solid and white when the printer is turned on and the Charging Indicator light is solid and green when the printer is fully charged.
Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer.
If the printer is already paired to your mobile device, turning Bluetooth off and then on might resolve the issue.

If the issue still persists try performing a factory reset.

If the printer does not print when you send a print job or turn on when you press the power button, reset the printer with a straight pin to clear any errors.
Turn on the printer.
Locate the reset button near the charging port.
Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.
The printer resets and turns off.
Turn on the printer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot sprocket issues.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It works now!! Thank you so much!!
HP Recommended

Hi! @cindiwong! You're welcome and thanks for the reply,

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,            

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I recognize your issue is resolved, but you may want to check to ensure you're running the latest firmware on your Sprocket to ensure the best possible connectivity

Once you have a connection via the Sprocket app, please do the following to update the firmware:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app (green circle in menu)

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

The firmware update will download and transfer to the device, after which you'll need to power it on again to reconnect.

Sprocket on!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
Im having the same problem - I can’t download the firmware - it almost gets to the end and then doesn’t do anything, I’ve left it going for hours and it just seems to be stuck! I’ve tried all the things you’ve said and nothing seems to work!
HP Recommended

Hi @Charlie010387 -

Are you using an Apple device?  If so, please check the app store for the latest Sprocket app and "Update".  You should be utilizing the latest 2.03.1 version of the app, which came out over the weekend.

If the firmware update still doesn't complete with that version of the app, can you please let me know the following?

- Firmware currently running on your Sprocket printer (from menu -> sprocket -> Printers -> firmware version (e.g: 1.1.2)

Thank you!

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
Hey yep I have the newest version of the app - ive checked the firmware (after 50 attempts at getting my phone to connect to the sprocket so I could even see the menu) and the firmware is version 1.1.3
HP Recommended

@Charlie010387  -

Thanks for letting me know!   If we can get your firmware updated to version 1.1.5, those connectivity issues should disappear.   Are you seeing the FW update prompt when you launch the app?

I'd advise the following:

1.)  Charge your Sprocket battery to 100%, as well as your iPhone battery to 100%.  This will eliminate the possibility of something battery related occurring during the update.

2.)  After connecting and starting the FW update process, keep tapping your phone screen every 20-30 seconds to keep your device "awake".  If your phone goes to sleep or receives a system notification during the FW update process, it will likely be interupted and have to restart.  Fortunately, the process is only 3-5 minutes long, so hopefully you can monitor your device during this time.

Hope that helps 🙂

HP Recommended

I have a simlar issue. I can't see the Sproket in my BT menu and so I can't connect to it. 

I have the latest IOS on my iP6. The Sproket App is up to date. I've reset the printer. Reinstalled the app. Restarted my phone. 

Nothing. And because I can't connect to the printer, I can't update the firmware. 

What is frustrating is that I can see the Sproket on my Macbook BT menu, but not my phones. I have turned BT off all nearby devices so it's just my phone and the Sproket but I can't see it. The BT on my phone is fine as I can pair with other devices, just not the Sproket. 

I did pair it on my wife's iP6 once. Printed 6 photos. The next day it stopped working. 

Can you help?

Eric

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.