Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP sprocket
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I just received the HP sprocket for Christmas, 1 month ago. Recently it ran out of power for the first time, so I plugged it in. The red light turned on to indicate charging, and I left it alone for a few hours. When I came back, the red light was still on and the printer would not turn on. It has been like this for a few days, the red light turning on when I try and charge it, but no sign of it turning on or actually charging. I am very disapointed, as I have only had it for a month. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If after a sufficient amount of time on the charger, it still won't power up, you need to contact HP for a replacement.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/support.html

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I would suggest doing a reset.

How do I reset my printer?

If the printer does not print when you send a print job or turn on when you press the power button, reset the printer with a straight pin to clear any errors.
  1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Locate the reset button near the charging port.
    Figure : Locating the reset button
    Locating the reset button
  3. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.
    The printer resets and turns off.
  4. Turn on the printer.

Hope this helps!

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

It won't turn on-can I still do a reset?

HP Recommended

If after a sufficient amount of time on the charger, it still won't power up, you need to contact HP for a replacement.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/support.html

WyreNut

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.