Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My android phone (6.01) shows it is paired with the sprocket. The sprocket app shows it is paired, but when I click on "Sprocket" from the main app menu, I get the message "hp sprocket an error occurred when retrieving printer details". When I try printing, I get an error message saying to pair the phone with the printer (but the phone shows it is paired)."

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@martire

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting issues in connecting your HP Sprocket to android phone.

I would like to help you out with this issue today.

• Locate the reset button near the charging port.
  • Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.
  • The printer resets and turns off.
  • Press and hold the power button until the Status Indicator light is solid and white.
  • The printer is now ready to print.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps mentioned above to fix this issue.

(Note: Though the title of the printer is different, these steps should fix the issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hellow @martire - 

If you haven't already resolved the issue, I would suggest restarting your mobile phone, then uninstalling/reinstalling the Sprocket app.

After that, please check to make sure you have the latest firmware on your printer

Once you have a connection via the Sprocket app, please do the following to update the firmware:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app (green circle in menu)

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi martier,

There's a few things you can try to reconnect your sprocket to your mobile device. First, I recommend make sure the firmware is up to date using the app to check. If there are no new updates, please reset the device and then try to reconnect it.

If you cannot connect your printer to your mobile device and it does not turn off when you press the power button, reset the printer with a straight pin to clear any errors.
  1. Locate the reset button near the charging port.
    Figure : Locating the reset button
    Locating the reset button
  2. Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.
    The printer resets and turns off.
  3. Press and hold the power button until the Status Indicator light is solid and white.
    The printer is now ready to print.

Let me know if this works for you!

Jesyka 🙂

I work on behalf of HP. #HPExpertsDay

Please click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is resolved.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.